Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Meg. I'm 26 and currently live in Massachusetts. I'm planning on moving to Georgia this summer though, I've been living far away from home for too long.

When I was 17 my family got a standard poodle (Buddy). He's now 9 and still lives with my parents although I like to think he loves me the most! He's a sweetheart. I did all of his training and when I'm home he is my shadow (he's one of the reasons I'm moving home). When I get an apartment or house of my own he'll still living my parents but I do plan on daily visits!

Once I'm settled in a new place and settled in my job I plan on FINALLY bringing home a dog of my own. A dog I've been pining for for the past 5 years. He'll be another standard poodle and I'm starting the process of researching breeders now, this way when I'm ready I'll have already formed a relationship with a breeder and know who I want. I won't be ready to bring a dog home for at least a year although I'm guessing it will be next summer (2011).

So I can't wait to get know you guys and your dogs and learn from you! I'm attaching some pics of my sweet Buddy.

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
:wavey:

Welcome. Come on back...we need more poodle people down here. Your boy is beautiful. I know he misses you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Reesmom! I can't wait to get home! I have a countdown, only 116 days left! And I'm not planning a trip home between now and July when I move so this is the longest I'll have ever gone without seeing Buddy (from January-July). I keep telling myself that it's ok because once I'm there, I'm home for good!

·
Registered
478 Posts
It will go fast. He will be so glad to see you. Looks like y'all have so much fun together. I hated being away from my dogs when I had to be. It will be better when you don't have to say goodbye ever again!!!!!:)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Awwww...my heart is touched by your story!! Glad you are going back home to your family and your Buddy. Welcome to the forum. Good luck in the move back and getting your own Poodle. Keep us posted on how things go while getting through the 116 days and once settled back in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Arreau! I was looking through the photo forum and saw some pics of your gorgeous dogs. I think it was Thinker I saw a pic of and boy is he handsome! I'll definitely be frequenting this board, I'm so excited someone told me about it (thanks Locket)!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Thank you!! Thinker is my gorgeous old gentleman, but I breed reds.

I am glad someone told you about the forum too. Always a pleasure to meet new folks on here with a common interest! Enjoy your visits here.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
:welcome: We'll help you count down the days until you get to see your boy again. Thanks for sharing the cute pics. I love the one where he is bouncing and his ears are up in the air :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome! That's one of my favorite pics of him too. He loves going to that area and run, run, running. He'll run off and then circle around and run back and then run off and circle around and run back, he can't stand not being able to see us. My Dad caught that pic on one of his trips back to "check in." He's such a goof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts