Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
This is my introduction, short and sweet.
I happened upon this forum while searching for stills and video showing movement (correct and incorrect) and sort of got sucked in. You know how it goes.
I am down to one Standard, my male Sterling. He is my constant companion but he will have to share our life together soon enough as I look for my next puppy. I lost my girl two years ago and it's taken me a long time to decide on a breeder and have all the pieces fall into place.
I train dogs (my own and others) for competition obedience and tracking. I also have done alot of work in Search and Rescue with both Standard Poodles, though primarily with Sterling, who was a State-certified cadaver dog until retirement.
Lynne

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome Lynne and Sterling - Is Sterling Silver?:)

We always have training questions!! So BIG Welcome! Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome Lynn to both you and Sterling. What you do is fabulous. I would love to learn more about how to train a dog for search and rescue, as one of my babies in the next litter is probably going to Germany to live with a woman who will be training it in this field. Hope you enjoy the forum!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again. Yes, Sterling is silver. His reg. name (and all his titles, shamelessly displayed like a proud Little League mom) is G'Day Walkabout In Silver UD TD RAE TT CGC Delta Society Pet Partner OES Certified Cadaver Dog.
That's pretty bad. Fortunately it's only us humans who have the egos.
I actually am very proud of him, mostly just because he is who he is, on the inside.
I'll post a picture when I can. Should I do that here?
And any training questions that come up are fine with me. It's always interesting to see how many different ways there are to address problems.
Lynne

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Hi again. Yes, Sterling is silver. His reg. name (and all his titles, shamelessly displayed like a proud Little League mom) is G'Day Walkabout In Silver UD TD RAE TT CGC Delta Society Pet Partner OES Certified Cadaver Dog.
That's pretty bad. Fortunately it's only us humans who have the egos.
I actually am very proud of him, mostly just because he is who he is, on the inside.
I'll post a picture when I can. Should I do that here?
And any training questions that come up are fine with me. It's always interesting to see how many different ways there are to address problems.
Lynne
Theres also a picture section post as many as you like!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Hey! I went out and read about Sterling. What a story! Are you two still working? The cadaver work seems very time consuming but amazingly cool! I saw that he is a son of Pie who is here in Colorado. I see where Sterling gets his drive. Were you looking for a Pie son when you got Sterling? How is it that you got a puppy bred in OZ?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
A big Welcome to you and Sterling!! Hey, you have every right to be proud of your boy, he has accomplished a lot and you have every right to be proud of yourself. I, and I know everyone else on here, love to see the accomplishments of the poodles here. Look forward to seeing pics of this Sterling with the looonngg handle.....LOL. Yeah, there is a photo section, just put pics up whenever you want, as often as you want, we ALL LOVE to see poodle pics!! :) Hope you enjoy hanging out with all of us!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Wow. I found the page with the story about you and Sterling. I think that is just a great story! Maybe you could link people to it so they could read about both of you. :) I won't as it is up to you, but loved the story! :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
That is one amazing dog and owner. We are so happy to have you here. And, you are correct in that there are many ways to address problems but it is nice to have someone who specializes in it to help us out. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Your Sterling and my Thinker are related. Thinker is Bibelot Cherod Tinsmith, and he has sired many field champs, comformation champs, obedience and rally champs. It seems to be in the genes with these guys!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you here! What an awesome job you and Sterling have done! I enjoyed reading about the two of you!

·
Registered
232 Posts
WOW! I went and read about your dog and am very impressed with him. WOW!

I am interested in search and rescue, probably scent dog training. And I would like to do Obedience training as well. That is what drew me to the Standard Poodle, that and the fact that they don't shed :)

I loved reading about your handsome boy!! Is it okay to ask you questions about what you look for in a working dog, when they are a puppy?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts