Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,218 Posts
Hi and welcome to PF.

I have a couple of questions for you. First do you know about littermate syndrome? The pups don't have to be actual littermates, just quite close in age. We raised two pups (Lily and our GSD Peeves) who are 8 weeks apart in age. It was very very very hard. I will never do that again.

Next are you planning to breed these two? Do you have a mentor to help you? Most people who breed don't keep an intact male in a home setting with intact bitch(es). They will mark all over your house and you can have a very hard time keeping the male away from in season bitches if it is not your current plan to breed. Also you will have to wait at least two years to complete all recommended health testing.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome! I'm curious what is making you choose to get two puppies at the same time :) My family did the two puppies at once thing and the dogs bonded with each other much more so than to any of us. Never again! Plus, spoos are some of the hardest puppies to "survive."

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Hi and Welcome!

Bold choice to go with two at the same time :). The cautions are not intended to be discouraging, but to be a heads up. Several of us have raised two at the same time (mine are sibling mini's), but it does take exponentially more effort than you might anticipate (and worth it, to me, once I got my sanity back lol), unless you have done it before, in which case, you already know.
Whether you have or not, welcome to the poodle circus and looking forward to hearing about your pups and your adventures together.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and your sweet boy! If you do get another, have fun and good luck! :) And yes, we are all poodle lovers!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts