Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names, Amy and I'm a dog groomer of 10+ years from the West Midlands UK.

Iv been a groomer and experienced in handling all sorts of dogs for as long as I can remember! I currently have 3 dogs American Bulldog Chinese crested and. Chihuahua. I know a werid bunch right 馃槀 every dog iv had have always been rescues! So when it comes to researching and buying a "proper" pup I don't want to get it wrong!

I want a very well bred white bitch. I'm in absolutely no rush I don't want a puppy yet my bunch are aging and realistically there not going to be with me forever and I don't want to panic buy a poodle puppy. Of course this poodle pup will first be my new best friend and pet but will also be a walking advertiser for my business and allow me to explore some new styles that I can't do on customers dogs 馃槄 Coat quality is high on the list of importance as well as quality I want a correct type. Show type if you will, the possibility of showing is there so I want a good quality pup.

So can you reccomend any UK breeders? Or lines to look out for and lines that won't suit my need (for example lines, bred for height or bred for fly ball/agility etc) I want to buy from a proper genuine breeder who breeds with passion for the breed

So far the piedmont poodles from florida have caught my eye but i would much rather buy from the UK so I can see the pup before purchase! And not have to transport. I will travel the length of the UK for the right pup and I will have a correct budget.

Thanks all 馃挏馃挏

Premium Member
I鈥檓 a fan of Afterglow Kennels co-owned by Michael Gatsby and Jason Lynn. They鈥檙e located in Preston, Lancashire. I had a huge crush on Ricky, who won Crufts and all the big shows in the States. I assume they have a long waiting list, so it鈥檚 good you鈥檙e planning ahead. Most breeders will refer you if they aren鈥檛 planning litters. Best wishes on your search!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I鈥檓 a fan of Afterglow Kennels co-owned by Michael Gatsby and Jason Lynn. They鈥檙e located in Preston, Lancashire. I had a huge crush on Ricky, who won Crufts and all the big shows in the States. I assume they have a long waiting list, so it鈥檚 good you鈥檙e planning ahead. Most breeders will refer you if they aren鈥檛 planning litters. Best wishes on your search!
Thank you 馃槏 yes iv seen the name afterglow pop up a few times 馃榿 I'll keep my eye on that line 馃挏

1 - 3 of 3 Posts