Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just writing to say hello! i was given a miniature poodle by my friend due to her having back surgery. she couldn't find anyone to take him and she's already had two other dogs and two cats. we both found him on the side of the road so she decided i should have him. His name is originally sam from his abusive home. we now call him baby boy or what my friend named him lumiere (usually when we need his attention in a quick situation) he's 3 years old and i'm so excited to be here! i just want to learn how to properly care for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
23,245 Posts
Welcome. How were you able to learn about his prior home if you and your friend found him? He looks very fluffy and I see that something you did brought you to join PF. Did you have a grooming mishap? If that's it then don't worry too much. It is hair and it will grow back faster than you might expect.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
How lucky that Lumière found a loving home with you. He looks like a sweetheart.

I’m curious too as to how you found out his history.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Welcome to you and Lumiere! I've no doubt he'll be the light of your life :).

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Welcome and what a good looking pup - can't wait to hear more about your adventures together.

·
Premium Member
9,712 Posts
I am so happy that Lumiere found you. I hope there is a special place in hell for anyone who intentionally leaves a living creature on the side of the road to take their chances. There are shelters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome. How were you able to learn about his prior home if you and your friend found him? He looks very fluffy and I see that something you did brought you to join PF. Did you have a grooming mishap? If that's it then don't worry too much. It is hair and it will grow back faster than you might expect.

the people who had him originally lived 10-13 houses down. we found him on the side of the road soaked matted and shaking (it was december and raining pretty heavy) she shaved out all his matt's which were about two inches in general diameter at least and he had about 9. she brushed him, bathed him, got all the fleas off and fed him and kept him warm for a night. she brought him back to the owners and they didn't really care. he got out again and came back and she tried bringing him back but she said he was missing for a couple days the first time and would just get back out again. so when he got back out she took him and the lady said it was fine then posted on craigslist that her 'precious prized champion pure bred poodle was stolen' by her neighbor. now i have him and unfortunately i let my boyfriend help me cut his hair. he ended up bald bc my boyfriend is not good at gauging length etc. he's patchy and his face isn't the best but it's okay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts