Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay, made the drive to get home today. I was supposed to go yesterday but just couldn't get out of work in time to get back at a reasonable hour so I went today right after work!

He was SUCH a good boy on the ride home. The breeder warned me that he is a little car sick so she held off on his second meal and I fed him when we got home. He had one sickness episode but it was just fluid and then he slept the rest of the way.

He's such a mommas boy! I am just in love with him. He follows me around, if im sitting on the computer he sits near me and lifts his head up and puts one paw on the chair until i let him sit on my lap.

He even wanted to take a shower with me earlier, I let him sit outside and he waited. He seems to be very curious about water and isn't afraid of it at all.

He's so calm and loves to cuddle. He's perfect for me!

We have thrown our own names around. The breeders name is "hot rod" and we've thought about Ace, Vega, Kafka but none have really stuck yet! So, suggestions are welcome. I figure having him around will possibly give me ideas.

Thanks for looking! I'll get better pictures tomorrow. It's kind of late tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is 16 weeks old :)

Thank you for all the compliments. I am thrilled he is finally here.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Awww, another beautiful silver!! I am really finding that silver is one of my favorite poodle colors. :)
Congratulations on your new family member!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
He's so beautiful. I love his eyes. And his silver face is so striking. What about Sterling for a name - good for a silver.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The breeder thinks he might be a blue, you think he could be silver? Either way i'd be happy!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I don't know much about poodle colours. Just seems because his face is so light that he'd be silver. BlueFox's T is a blue and his face is much darker.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, and my boyfriend keeps insisting on the name Vega and he really didn't want a "girls" dog but he's the one currently curled up on the couch with him! So, i figured at least he could name him! I also like the name, and we kept calling him random names and he perked up and came to that one, so I think he likes it too.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Oh, and my boyfriend keeps insisting on the name Vega and he really didn't want a "girls" dog but he's the one currently curled up on the couch with him! So, i figured at least he could name him! I also like the name, and we kept calling him random names and he perked up and came to that one, so I think he likes it too.

That is so funny. My husband is 100% outdoorsman. When I told him we were going to have poodles the reception was less than enthusiastic to say the least. Well, after we had the first one for a couple of weeks, I found him hugging him and loving on him. Then we got our second one. Now he boasts about our poodles to everyone! So funny!! They just steal your heart away.

I love your pics of your baby. He is a lovely puppy and should grow into a handsome adult. I really think he is silver. My sister's six month old is silver and his muzzle looks to be the same color as her's. My six month old, Billy, is a blue and he is much darker at this age in his muzzle than your fellow is. People who are not familiar with the colors mistake him for black. I posted pictures of all of our family (poodles) under a thread called 'the rest of the gang'. You can see pics of Billy and Grace (the silver) there.

·
Registered
912 Posts
He is too adorable. His face does look lighter than T's but photos can be soo deceptive. He could still be a blue and end up really light by the time he is finished changing, which would be beautiful. Blue or Silver I think he will be a beautiful colour.

Can't wait to watch all these babies grow :smile:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really wasn't looking for a color so much as a personality type and he fits it so far! He's very energetic this morning and does seem to enjoy fetching things and bringing them back! So, I am VERY pleased. I'll take some pics at the park today. Maybe some good natural light will help show the colors better!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Wow ...he is very pretty. I think he probably is a blue. Plus he's been getting short shaves on the face and I believe that brings out the color faster.

Congrats ....he's a handsome guy!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts