Poodle Forum banner

Here is my new little guy

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  IPP 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I am going to get him Friday, but he has to stay with a friend for a week because he is going to be a present for my 6yr old daughter. My friend is going to be sick of me because I am going to be over there all the time and he will be at our house every moment my kids are gone or at school. It is going to be a hard week before he is actually at home with us! Do you guys think this plan is going to be too hard on him? I plan on a few of our clothes items to be wiyh him while he is there.

#9 ·
Personally I wouldn't only because the first few nights away from mum and siblings can be hard and I would want him with me. Plus the first few weeks are very formative for toilet training and training in general which I would want to be doing straight away and not leaving it up to someone else. If you feel you really can't take him home I would be leaving him with the breeder and his mum for another week.

#10 ·
I agree...maybe Santa could drop him off early,so he could spend Christmas with you?
If it is not possible,I would leave him with the breeder the extra week.
8 weeks is the minimum age for leaving the bitch,so staying a bit longer would be beneficial for him.

#18 ·
I agree he is adorable! I think if he were a toy that 8 weeks might be too soon, maybe even 9 weeks...BUT he is a nice sized standard puppy so I think he will be just fine to bring him home at 9 weeks. I also agree that all the back and forth between another home and his permanent home would be very confusing for him.

Leaving him with his siblings and mother to learn a bit of puppy manners might be a great idea. I know holding him from your daughter is hard...but probably better then just confusing him for a week!

It will all be worth it when she sees him! :high5:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.