Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we went to the breeders today and bought Murphy, but due to vacation we asked if she can hold onto him till we get back (dont worry, i asked before we bought him..lol)

she said she would. But we just had to drive up to see Murphy for the first time.

The boys fell in love with him as well as we did.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
OH! OH! OH! What a cutie! He is such a beautiful brown and his wrigley nose is just adorable. He looks very comfy. You have some great pictures. Now I know what you will be talking about all during vacation!

Congratulations on bringing Murphy into the family. :first:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
agility

its going to be hard on all of us thinking about murphy while we are away. I wasnt sure if it was a good thing to see the dog, but the kids were just so darned excited. (me too)

tannerokeefe, what is a spoo?

you go me nervous. We paid for a purebred poodle due to allergies.

does he not look like a mini poodle? We did get papers on him....

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sloane... a "spoo" is a short cut name for Standard Poodle. Don't worry, your guy looks just like a poodle so I am sure he is one. I was wondering the same thing when I was looking at the pics, whether he was a Standard or not. So, that answers the question, your cute little guy is a mini, and a darned cute one at that!!

I can understand how this is going to make your vacation harder..lol... everyone normally wants their vacation to last forever but you guys are going to be waiting till it is over so you can pic up that sweet, darling looking Murphy.
Congrats.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jester's mom

phewwww thanks, i was nervous.

yea, he is a mini. his father was large but his mother was small (go figure). so the breeder said he will probably be in between.

we already been the groomers/ pet store and talked to them and she was helpful at what toys to get and what NOT to get.

I just cant wait till he comes home.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
jester's mom

phewwww thanks, i was nervous.

yea, he is a mini. his father was large but his mother was small (go figure). so the breeder said he will probably be in between.

we already been the groomers/ pet store and talked to them and she was helpful at what toys to get and what NOT to get.

I just cant wait till he comes home.
Sloane, just an FYI, it is a misconception people have that if you breed a larger dog to a smaller one, the pups will be in-between size. Actually, the pups tend to be either the size of the father or the mother with, possibly, a in-betweener, but more likely to be either bigger or smaller. The genes do not mix together like mixing 50% of one liquid with another and thus coming up with half an half. Normally, one parent's genes will override the other and the pup will take after one parent or the other. So, as far as size goes, you will have to do the wait and see to find out what his adult size will be.

I bet you can't wait to get him home...lol. And I am glad your groomer has given advice about chew toys. I ALWAYS tell people NOT to buy any rubber/plastic toy that the dog can chew into pieces, this is so unsafe for the dog and a total waist of money. If you want a rubber type toy, nylabone and others make good thick, solid ones that the dog cannot easily chew up.

Best of luck with you new baby!! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Awwwww he looks just like my brown mini boy!!!! You will have such a great time with him I bet. Every stops me when im out walking mine to comment on his colour.
He's a gorgeous boy!!!! Good luck

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts