Poodle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Thanks for posting. That was interesting how the dog helps with steady her on the feet. I had always assumed you needed a large, heavy boned dog such as a Bernese Mountain dog for that kind of work.

When I think of a service dog I think of how wonderful Click's diabetic alert dog is and some of the other's who have posted about their service dogs -true life savers.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Counter balance and momentum pull don't require huge dogs, wheelchair assistance may or may not need a huge dog depending on exactly what the dog is doing. If it is helping to move it needs to be larger than my friends little dog who mainly rides but picks up dropped things, and alerts to medical conditions.
It is an okay video about service dogs which I sadly almost didn't watch due to the reputation the maker has in many SD groups. She is one of those trainers who never has a dog wash out and claims that over 90% of the dogs she produces become service dogs... The washout rate at the guide dog schools is higher then that and they have been breeding their own lines since at least the 50s in most cases.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Nice dog and nice lady. I liked how she interacted with him and demonstrated some of his tasks. Coolio!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Thank you for sharing that. I would love my boy to be as well balanced and calm as the poodle. Maybe someday if I get my butt out to more public places. For now I am working more without public distractions and we will go from there.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Liked the video! I am going to look into training a dog if my blood sugar is too high or too low. But that will be the next puppy I have. Zeke also is trained to pick up things that I drop. But I still have to bend over to get them from him, lol. Very good info in this video.

Thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
4,055 Posts
Noelle does blood sugar alerts. You can follow her adventures at the link below. I started out with a complete wild child of a puppy and trained her to be my diabetes alert dog.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Noelle does blood sugar alerts. You can follow her adventures at the link below. I started out with a complete wild child of a puppy and trained her to be my diabetes alert dog.

I don’t see a link? I’m not on the computer, but my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.