Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHITE with snow! It ended up snowing 12.5 inches at DFW airport. We went to the park to let her run around. Even though my Mom had a lot of snow, Zulee really didn't have room to run. This time, it is fluffy snow, so there wasn't any chance she could walk on top.

We started out in her coat because I have her shaved down (preparing for her spay and coat change). The coat actually kept her from leaping or walking, so I took it off...

and Zulee did too! She loves romping and jumping around. She got a HUGE snow ball on her left leg and wouldn't walk anymore, so we decided that it was time for a bath. Hence, her pretty picture. Too bad, she doesn't have a freshly shaven face.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Look at the snow stuck to Zulee's leg!!! OMG! But she had so much fun. And the snow stuck to the trees too. Did you get a lot of breakage? We are used to having snow like that here but not usually with foliage still on the trees. The couple of times I have seen that in my lifetime, it was a disaster!! Trees snapping off every few seconds for hours making the woods practically impassible in the summer.

I've been into DFW several times when my son and daughter-in-law were at Fort Hood. I would never have guessed you would ever see a snow fall like that! It was unbearably hot for me.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
She sure looks like she enjoyed herself after the coat came off. :) She certainly looked like she wasn't very thrilled when she had the coat on. And love her last shot, even with her unshaved face.

And LOVE that next to last shot... beautiful!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We did have a lot of fun. I think you are right about the coat. She's not real thrilled with wearing anything: bows, sweater, or coat.

There were a lot of trees that broke and several crews are out trimming them up. Fortunately, the snow melted almost as quickly as we got it. One good thing is that the weak limbs were found before tornado season. I should take a new picture of that tree to compare the difference.

Thanks for the compliment on her last fluffy picture. I'm disappointed that it is overexposed and my red eye fix looks very odd. She is a little sweetheart. Hubby gave her the bone, and she won't go to sleep without it!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Lovely pictures. They are certainly enjoying the snow. Thank heavens Poodles like it so much. Is it normal for your area to get this amount of snow?? What a peculiar winter this has been.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has been said on the news that we haven't had this much snow in 35 years. I lived in Oklahoma 35 years ago and remember having a lot more snow than usual. I guess it's time for some cooler weather.

The summers here can be brutal and last forever. Next week, it will get back into the 60's.

·
Registered
553 Posts
OMG look at the snow! A reall winter wonderland. Zulee looks great before and after the groom and the photos are great!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
She's a very pretty young lady!

That picture of her with her front legs all the way in the snow reminds me of Teddy this morning. He ventured onto the lawn and proceeded to sink into the snow. Fortunately he was able to extricate himself because I was only wearing my house shoes (Crocs with lining, actually) and couldn't walk out there to where he was. Why do poodles love the snow so much?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
OMG!! I can't belive all the snow you got in DFW area. Zulee sure seems to have enjoyed it a whole lot!!! I love the pictures of her paying in the snow and I love, love, love her fluffed up one with a bone. She sure is pretty. Her color looks to be lightening up, is she a blue???

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do think it is a poodle thing. They don't just run around in the snow. They are so fascinated with it almost to the point of obsession. Poodles certainly know how to play!

Poodle Lover....about the blue thing. I haven't actually seen a blue poodle, but figure one would look like gun metal gray. Zulee has lightened up and her skin is a sort of silver color. She also has the trademark brown highlights. I suppose it's possible, but more likely, I think she will be a grizzled black.

Here are some pictures taken outside today, and they have not been processed. It was cloudy, so the coloring is about as accurate as I can get. Let me know what you think. Some parts of her are definitely darker than others. She also has a lot of shading on her legs.

No matter the color, I love her just as much. :love:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts