Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having trouble since yesterday . Every time I minimize my screen while on the forum, or leave and come back, I have to log in again. I had this problem a few months ago but it only lasted a day. Now it has been over a full day, and it is a huge pain in the keester. Any ideas???

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Yep, something weird has been going on for the last couple of days, but at least on my computer it now seems fine.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, something weird has been going on for the last couple of days, but at least on my computer it now seems fine.
I will be very happy if it fixes itself on mine too. My password is some crazy jumble of letters and numbers and it is not something I would memorize, so every time I want to log on, I have to get out my handy book and find my password again. GRRRRR! Hopefully soon. Thanks for the light at the end of the tunnel!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I will be very happy if it fixes itself on mine too. My password is some crazy jumble of letters and numbers and it is not something I would memorize, so every time I want to log on, I have to get out my handy book and find my password again. GRRRRR! Hopefully soon. Thanks for the light at the end of the tunnel!
Have you been ticking the "keep me logged in" box every time you sign in?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I've been having to sign in too every time I come on the forum for the last couple days so its not just you.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Mine is fixed today BUT I noticed the PF is taking a bit longer to load today.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Well i lied on my iphone it was working fine- but on my work laptop- had to log in when i booted up and opened PF. . . dunno if it will last- i've shut PF and come back and it's still held the password- however i haven't shut the browser completely

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I had this problem yesterday also,I went in and changed my password and checked the box that says remember me and it has been working fine since them. I though it was just me:doh:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
does it help that at 3am EST the forum was down for maintenance (???) and it's ever since then that the problems have been.... Ok, no it doesn't help, but it might explain a little (see, 3am EST is only the evening for me, so I was locked outta PF with this stupid message for agggges, and I figured many of you may have never realised it happened...)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does it help that at 3am EST the forum was down for maintenance (???) and it's ever since then that the problems have been.... Ok, no it doesn't help, but it might explain a little (see, 3am EST is only the evening for me, so I was locked outta PF with this stupid message for agggges, and I figured many of you may have never realised it happened...)
Thanks FD. Mine has been acting like this since early yesterday morning.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Happened to me yesterday when I had another tab open and came back to PF. I was really confused, but went ahead and logged in again, making sure to click the box to stay logged in. So far, so good.

Wonder why you're having trouble with it.

Is your browser set to delete cookies/history upon closing? Or perhaps the settings were changed to do that? Whenever I clean my cookies and delete my browsing history, I have to re-enter my password to any site that I save it on (which is... well... just PF). Food for thought!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think it probably has something to do with that overnight maintenance, something was changed or updated. The website administration should know the answer. I don't let the site remember me, I intentionally log in with password each time, it's a great way to hack in if the site or your pc is saving passwords and user names for convenience. If you are set up to delete cookies then your pc won't remember your password but only if you shut down the browser, minimizing and coming back should do that. However maybe there is a new timeout built into the website maintenance so people who forget to log out aren't hanging on the system??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts