Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem. I have two standards. One is 2 years and the other is 7 months. My 2 year old use to have beautiful long hair on her ears, but now has extremely short hair, caused from them playing all day. Is there anyway I can protect her hair on the ears???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,417 Posts
I'm sure some else will have a better answer, mine is time. My puppy is 14 months old now and still tugging on his older sissies ears just less than he used too. I ended up trimming the ears short.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked it up. Sounds great. Now I’m wondering if it will stain her coat??? Have you used it??? Thanks for the info, that just might work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Johnny, now 5 months, is an expert mat maker. He loved to chew on Mini and Coopers ears and tails. Mini and Cooper had long ears, topknot and tails. I tried keeping up with brushing and redirecting Johnny, but I finally gave up and shaved Mini and Cooper short. It is hair and it will grow out. Mini and Cooper are happier 'cause Johnny is no longer chewing on them.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I looked it up. Sounds great. Now I’m wondering if it will stain her coat??? Have you used it??? Thanks for the info, that just might work
I have not had to use Bitter Apple on a dog in years - I did use it more recently to discourage a horse from cribbing. So I don't know if it stains the coat. I used it on black standards, so stain was not an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts