Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 9 week old mini/toy poodle girl. She is full of sass, spitfire, energy and no fear of anything. She's also sweet and happy, bouncy, joyful and super tolerant of my goofy noisy children. We thought we were going to name her Clover as in crimson clover since she is reddish but it's not sticking. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
I don't have a name suggestion. But I see why the old name isn't sticking. She's a poodle, not a lab.☺

(New England joke, for those outside the region. Clover Food Lab is a small chain of vegetarian food trucks and restaurants.)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Some of the names that were on my list.

Nelly
Nilla
Minnie
Desi
Heidi
Lily
Penny
Ivy
Taffy
Ella
Zoe
Summer
Clara

Someone at my obedience school had a a Drama, and a Soda 🥰

·
Super Moderator
5,221 Posts
I thot of May too but didn’t put it. Subliminal May 😆
I felt funny suggesting it, as May is my middle name. 😂 But I love the idea of marking the month you brought her home in such a special way.

Spring names would also be nice. Do you have any strong ties to another language? You could look up words that mean "Spring" or "April" or "May."

I think Cora would also be cute for a coronavirus puppy. Just a subtle nod to these strange times we're in.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Pollyanna
Mira
Chiquita
Mitzi
Tessa
Delilah
Penelope
Ginger
Marigold
Cara
Carina
Lila
Lorelei
Scarlett
Sunshine
Viva

·
Registered
474 Posts
I like peggy’s idea of Cora. Especially with her coloring. We’re in the same predicament but here’s some off the top of my head...
Zia
Jojo
Trixie
Zoey
Tasha
Luna
Ellie or you could dot Ellie-may since she came home in may.
zena
Gigi
Ginger
Tulip
Basil
Koko
Kiki
Mia
Roxy
Diamond
Pinkie
Sienna
Maybell
Sadie
Rose with the little thingy over the e like the wine.
vixen

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm sure you've probably already chosen a name by now, but if you haven't here are some suggestions:
Ruby
Sasha
Ember
Ignatia
Phoenix
Daisy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts