Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new here. I have a 7 month old Standard Poodle named Bailey. Today as I was brushing him I noticed the long hair on the underside of one of his ears has been "wacked" off.....My husband said he did not do it, I think it was a relative....But...he had a few stickers in his hair. I brushed them out....and noticed how awful it looked ...how do I fix his lopsided look now?

ok I trimmed it a little and then did his nose as well, he looks a bit better but it still is not right....I am upset!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
It depends on what it looks like and how you have to blend it. You may have to shave the ears down and start over.

I know one thing, I would be furious with whoever did that without telling me!

Maybe post a picture - you might get better advise:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm new here. I have a 7 month old Standard Poodle named Bailey. Today as I was brushing him I noticed the long hair on the underside of one of his ears has been "wacked" off.....My husband said he did not do it, I think it was a relative....But...he had a few stickers in his hair. I brushed them out....and noticed how awful it looked ...how do I fix his lopsided look now?
http://www.poodleforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8811&stc=1&d=1270663291

Here is a picture of Bailey's ears....

here is what I did to try and fix him....but it is still not right...thanks to all for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Well he has hair there so just trim the ends a bit and it will grow out. I always round mine because their ears are round and I like to follow the shape of the ear.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
yup, just even up the other one, it'll grow back, and at least still look respectable in the mean time!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
console yourself with it's only hair and it will grow back. [You could try to find out who did it and cut their hair while they're sleeping]

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
console yourself with it's only hair and it will grow back. [You could try to find out who did it and cut their hair while they're sleeping]
Oooh, that's evil. I love it.

Welcome to the forum. Your baby is adorable and I don't think I would have even noticed his ears if you hadn't mentioned it. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree, it could well be chewed by Bailey! but the one thing I love about my Poodles is that there is not too much time between a good haircut and a 'bad' one! but I do understand your angst about this happening when Bailey is so young, I used to worry about how Lara looked when she was young but now I know it doesn't take long for the hair to grow! and grow and grow! in fact, I am going to let Jak practice grooming on my girls, he can shave them how he wants to!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum. His ears are not that bad, just even them out or go for an even shorter look. This is my Sam and I keep his ears short.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts