Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Well it depends on what kind of Toy Poodle you are looking for.

Are you planing to show?

Is there a certain color you want?

Do you understand Toy Poodles are around 10 inches when grown and the "Tea Cup" or "Tiny Toys" are are just poorly bred for there small size?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well it depends on what kind of Toy Poodle you are looking for.

Are you planing to show?

Is there a certain color you want?

Do you understand Toy Poodles are around 10 inches when grown and the "Tea Cup" or "Tiny Toys" are are just poorly bred for there small size?
Just wanted to add that the 10 inches Purple Poodle is talking about is NOT their height at the top of their head, but 10 inches at the top of the shoulders.

Also are you wanting something close to you, or looking for something that can be shipped...are you in the US?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in richmond, Va. I have looked high and low and there is nothing here. Shipping and driving is an option for me.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Have you tried the poodle club's breeder referral service? Have you gone to any dog show? JMO, but if it's at all possible I would get a pup from a local breeder. Shipping is stressful and exposes the pup to a lot of disease.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Not to go against anything said but my husband and I have had puppies shipped to us many times and know many people that ship puppies (breeder's) and I have never heard of a puppy becoming ill from being on a flight. They have to get a health certificate 24 hrs prior to flight and as long as they don't fly the puppy in hot or extremely cold condition's and the pup is atleast 8 weeks or preferably 10 wks, they should be fine.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Not to go against anything said but my husband and I have had puppies shipped to us many times and know many people that ship puppies (breeder's) and I have never heard of a puppy becoming ill from being on a flight. They have to get a health certificate 24 hrs prior to flight and as long as they don't fly the puppy in hot or extremely cold condition's and the pup is atleast 8 weeks or preferably 10 wks, they should be fine.
I agree 100% there is nothing wrong with shipping... I had Enzo shipped and he is fine. If you find a breeder you want a pup from and they are not local you do what you have to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts