Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to reach out to you all please to get some feedback on the size of the Piddle Place. Our company is now delighted to be part of PetSafe, and still share the same mission, to remove the barriers to pet companionship.

Can you please take a moment (ask your friends if needed) What would be the perfect size for an indoor pet potty, even if you don't use one, I ask your thoughts. The Piddle Place is 20 x 30, large enough for most poodle babies, but we have had requests from breeders and groomers (and of course larger breed dogs) to offer a larger size, I just don't know how big is big enough.

Please, your thoughts our idea are most welcome. We are looking at a part that joins 2 or more piddle place together.

Since we support many shelters and humane causes, we want to be careful about where we spend our time and resources.

I am most grateful for any feedback and insights. If not for your dog, just your thoughts in general please.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
It would really depend upon the size of the dog. My in-size Toy Poodles use pads, one uses an 18x24" pad, and one uses a 32" X 24" pad.
I have thought of using a grass system once my older girl is gone because I think it would be difficult to train her to the grass at this late stage, and I tell you, the thing that I would look for is one that would fit a readily available pad size in the tray underneath the pad. I live in an apartment and no way would I want to carry a tray sloshing with urine across the living room and then try to dump it in the toilet without spilling. I would just view the grass as a way to use way fewer pads, not eliminate them completely. Thus 20x30" would not be a size that I would want, not a standard pad size, and kind of big to carry when full of urine!

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
I live in the UK, where houses tend to be smaller than in the USA. I would struggle to find floor space even for 20" x 30", and, like TP, would find it difficult to carry a full tray that size. Perhaps larger sizes would be better as just a highly absorbent washable mat with a water proof backing and a central target area?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts