Poodle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Aw, he’s just a baby and he’s confused. It is not recommended to crate multiple dogs together, and I would never do it with 2 puppies of different ages like you have.

On night 2, if you couldn’t hear the ruckus that comes with pushing the pan out of the crate, then I don’t think you can hear the puppy well enough.
I slept on the floor next to Phoebe’s crate for several days when she first came home. My bed is only steps away, but that was too far. She slept pressed up against the bars, with my fingers touching her back. For another few days, I sat beside her as she settled, then got into bed. I also will read aloud, quietly, to myself if they start crying or whining, sometimes they will quiet down just so they can hear. But no matter what, they know I am there, but not addressing them and being pretty boring!

Your older pup was an easy one. 😉 Honestly, I think puppies are like babies. Some sleep easily, some dont. Some will eat anything, some won’t. There are things you can do to sway the odds in your favor, but I will always chuckle to myself when someone takes credit for their newborn or new puppy sleeping happily, where the adult wants, right away.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts