Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know we have a silver standard boy :boy: joining us real soon! So I need some help coming up with a name. When he arrives I will be able to tell you a little more about his personality, but for now suggestions are welcome!!:tongue:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Names based on Silver:

Sterling (I like it!!)
Steel
Ash
Ashes
Silverado
Pewter

...If I think of some more, I will post back! :D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Haha kids naming animals always ends up regretted :p e.g. My mothers friend has a Shih Tzu mix named Macaroni :lol: named by her 4 year old granddaughter.

Hmm, how about

Brock
Crane
Mason
Montana
Nitro

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe you should let your little girl name him or help. :}

More than likely my kids will come up with a name, but I still want some ideas to throw around!!

Anyone else? They dont have to be Silver related, but I wanted something strong and fitting.

What about Chrome or Steele?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I love steele too, chrome is nice also. I love the name sterling, buuuttt I have two standards four minatures and a mini schunazer that I groom that are named sterling. Sooo, personaly I wouldn't name one of my own dogs that. I'm a dare to be different type of person. It kills me that Jazz was already named, I can't count the number of Jasmine's that I groom. Bleh! Hubby wouldn't let me re-name her though so the best I could do was shorten it to Jazz. I really tried to name her trace due to her ablility to vanish without a trace :p Maybe I can work on a name for our next poodle, who will hopeful join us sooner rather than later. :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Our boys proper name is Kirada Toledo Steel - named after steel used to make fantastic swords and knives of old :smile:

·
Registered
843 Posts
My boy already had a name and I kept it,because I liked it...Gunther.

Here are some of my picks:

Gaston
Levi
Winston
Jackson

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Oh I like jackson. We named a puppy Jaxson, Jax for short two years ago. His sisters were Jinx, and Jennny. It was the spy litter and I believe Jaxson's name was BlackTies I Spy. We named Jinx after a bond girl, whoo 007! Thats what started the whole theme for the litter. Jenny was Double Agent if I'm not mistaken and was sent to another breeder in Washington.
Ah look at that, off I go down memory lane ranting on about things that really have no bearing to this thread :p

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I was looking for a Standard I called this one lady who only had 2 pups n the ltter, a white and a brown. She named them Mcain and Obama!! LOL I thought it was too funny and very clever! She said that Mcain went very fast and no one wanted Obama because of his name. Have a sense of humor people!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Why does he have a name? My breeder asked us at week 5 what we wanted to call him and then she started calling him that so he knew his name before he came home. Before that he was "orange collar boy" :rofl:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts