Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we've had our little miniature poodle since Thursday and he STILL doesn't have a name. We've been calling him Puppy, Dog and Buddy, but I'd like to pick a real name for him.

Any suggestions?

He's a black, sweet, somewhat calm little guy (for a 14-week-old puppy, that is). He's very smart and wants nothing more than to be right with us. He's really happy-go-lucky.

His sire's name is Am. Ch. Clarion Camelot Quervo and his dam name is Am. Ch. Clarion Sweet Noelani.

My only real criteria is that the name doesn't rhyme with the word "no."

Please help me name my poodle!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
My only real criteria is that the name doesn't rhyme with the word "no."
My daughter named her spoo Chalumeau and we call her Meau (which rhymes with "no") Katy rectified this by teaching Meau German commands (since Poodles purportedly originated in Germany, Katy thought that would be appropriate) SOOOOO, we use "Nein" instead of "no" and "Sitz sie" "Platz" and "Zwinger" for sit, down and kennel...

Luckily Meau is a very smart dog and sort of trilingual (Canine, English and German!) :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Clarion's Puttin on the Ritz - "Ritz"
Clarion's BlackJack Ace High - "Jack or Ace"
Clarion's Phantom of the Opera - "Phantom"
Clarion's Black Ty Affair - "Ty"
Calrion's Black Magic - "Magic"

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My daughter named her spoo Chalumeau and we call her Meau (which rhymes with "no") Katy rectified this by teaching Meau German commands (since Poodles purportedly originated in Germany, Katy thought that would be appropriate) SOOOOO, we use "Nein" instead of "no" and "Sitz sie" "Platz" and "Zwinger" for sit, down and kennel...

Luckily Meau is a very smart dog and sort of trilingual (Canine, English and German!) :)
What a clever solution!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clarion's Puttin on the Ritz - "Ritz"
Clarion's BlackJack Ace High - "Jack or Ace"
Clarion's Phantom of the Opera - "Phantom"
Clarion's Black Ty Affair - "Ty"
These are great! I love the "black jack" idea...

I wonder if the call name for Black Ty Affair could also be "Tux"

Keep em coming! :)

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I keep telling my family that if my mini Beau was black instead of cream, we could have named him Licorice, cause he's always licking everyone!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Some cute boys' names I like are: Cooper, Mason, Parker, Briggs, Simon, Clancy, Murphy, Newman, Clyde, Trapper, Jasper, Rudy. There are also websites online that you can Google for name ideas...pick two or three and try each out for a few hours a day...one will click as you call him to you...just find one you are comfortable yelling outside! (LOL). Good luck! And congrats on your cute pup!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, we've been tossing it around for a while and we may have come up with something. We might name him Clarion's [something] Jagermeister (call name Jager).

1. His dad's name is "Quervo" so it would be keeping with the alcohol theme.
2. He's black, Jagermeister is black (sort of) and he is black.
3. Jagermeister is German and poodles are from Germany.

We're trying it out to see if it fits him...

·
Registered
263 Posts
What about.....

Clarion's Top Shelf El Patron

Patron is top shelf Tequila and El patron (pronounced with a long o) means the Boss in spanish.
This is expensive stuff...you won't find a worm in this bottle!! lol

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I do a very scraggly un neutered schnauzer with a filthy stainy beard named Jager....I picture that in my mind.

I liked alot of the names that Mandi gave but I'll add one more, Nicholas, Nick or Nicky. If I keep a male puppy, that's my name.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Well you could name him after a cocktail:

Clarion's Rob Roy (Robbie)
Clarion's Tom Collins (Tommy)
Clarion's Jet Fuel (Jet) ...... yes that is a cocktail
Clarion's Jet Pilot (Jet) ....... yep a cocktail

1 - 20 of 21 Posts