Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
I work in a vet clinic and see sooooo many pets that are not as advertised...
One of the worst being a "schnauzer" that the new owner DNA tested and turned out to be a Mastiff/Shepherd/Husky/etc mix....
Unless you see see the pups with the mom, and get a picture or meet the dad, I'm always suspicious! And even then...
Your pup is cute but looks like there might be some Yorkie or something else in it... Hopefully you didn't require a purebred due to allergies... Otherwise, enjoy her as she is!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
She is adorable and to my naked eye, she looks like a Yorker/poodle mix. did I mention she is adorable! just don’t waste your money on the DNA test!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
She's very cute! I don't believe she's a pure poodle though, although she looks mostly poodle. I think I see some pomeranian in her. Unfortunately, you've been ripped off. The best way to tell would be through a DNA test. Anyway, congrats on your new puppy!

·
Super Moderator
2,697 Posts
She's adorable. Her partially upright ears suggest something other than a poodle is in the family line. I bet those ears are going to be so expressive and cute when she grows up.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I don’t think it’s very nice that so many people say they are selling a particular breed and then give you something else. You probably paid a lot of money too. I’ve never seen a purebred poodle with ears that stand up. She is a very cute puppy though! I hope you can still enjoy her even if she isn’t 100% poodle.

·
Registered
647 Posts
She is adorable and to my naked eye, she looks like a Yorker/poodle mix. did I mention she is adorable! just don’t waste your money on the DNA test!!!
Why not? Embark is super accurate and not a waste of money in the slightest.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Why not? Embark is super accurate and not a waste of money in the slightest.
I have seen so many people do the DNA test that come back with the results that just make you scratch your head. Unless the original poster is planning to go after the breeder, save the money and spend it on something that the puppy needs.

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
I have seen so many people do the DNA test that come back with the results that just make you scratch your head. Unless the original poster is planning to go after the breeder, save the money and spend it on something that the puppy needs.
The health results alone are worth it, in my opinion. And I’ve had good luck with the breed results, too. Plus, if you can spare the cash, it’s just plain fun. :) I love seeing Peggy’s relatives on Embark.

@Feniangod, have you reached out to the person who sold you your puppy, to ask for some clarification of her breed(s)/background? Is the seller the breeder?

Tilly is really very, very cute. I hope she’s settling in nicely.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here’s a little story for you. My friend bought Purebred Yorkshire Terriers from a lady with papers. I saw the dogs and instantly said they are Silky Terrier. I bought a puppy from a litter of my friends. My friend swore up and down her dogs are Yorkie. I DNA tested Lucy and she is actually a Silky Terrier with 20% poodle. So I do know that so called reputable breeders are not so reputable as they seem. Lucy is a beautiful Silky Terrier..💞

·
Registered
244 Posts
Here’s a little story for you. My friend bought Purebred Yorkshire Terriers from a lady with papers. I saw the dogs and instantly said they are Silky Terrier. I bought a puppy from a litter of my friends. My friend swore up and down her dogs are Yorkie. I DNA tested Lucy and she is actually a Silky Terrier with 20% poodle. So I do know that so called reputable breeders are not so reputable as they seem. Lucy is a beautiful Silky Terrier..💞 View attachment 475236
Did the dog have a pedigree? If so you should report that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Did the dog have a pedigree? If so you should report that.
Yes the dogs my friend bought were CKC dogs and had a nice pedigree. The dogs did not match the paperwork. CKC has been notified. That line was not registered for many years and somehow these Silkys ended up with Yorkie papers. Buyers need to do their homework.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts