Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a standard poodle puppy for spring or summer 2019 within 8-10 hours driving distance of Evansville, IN/Henderson, KY. I don’t want to ship a puppy and think this is the max distance I would be comfortable driving home with a new puppy.

I would like a spoo with a Velcro personality. I think I want a male this time but not opposed to a female. Health testing and early stimulation are critical to me. I would like a larger spoo (55-70lbs at maturity). I am looking for brown, red, apricot, may consider a white.

I have been trying to research breeders but honestly every one I think I like through at least one red flag.

Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Premium Member
5,860 Posts
Join Litters From Health Tested Poodles on Facebook, there is a Standard breeder with a planned litter for the summer in Louisville. I join the group did that when I was looking for a puppy and took suggestions from folks here on the forum, that's how I found my last toy pup Leonard,

·
Premium Member
5,613 Posts
temperament (velcro) in a young puppy may not be that easy to assure. in recent years the volhard test has come under criticism except, as i recall, for one factor. consider looking at the 'adult' section of poodlesonline dot com. there are a couple of adult dogs listed for avalon in wi due to downsizing. if i remember correctly the breeder is a vet. small white girl sounds very nice to me, but so does the retired champion black male. sounds like the girl is more of a velcro dog, however.

best of luck in finding what you want.

·
Registered
761 Posts

I have an apricot boy - and my RSVP list is most always full - but this last litter gave me 8 boys - sooooo…

You'd be welcome to email or check out NOLA Standards on Face Book.

Regards,

Tabatha
NOLA Standards

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I have an apricot boy - and my RSVP list is most always full - but this last litter gave me 8 boys - sooooo…

You'd be welcome to email or check out NOLA Standards on Face Book.

Regards,

Tabatha

NOLA Standards

I have a wonderful brown boy now, but thank you!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Nromley. I was about to recommend nola standards when the entire thread appeared, On my computer only the 1st post appeared as a new post, but its not, its from January so I guess meanwhile OP found a brown puppy and is no longer looking.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
I am confused. This breeder has an apricot male, which is one of the pups you would consider.
Nromley, Rug Guy was looking for a puppy Jan 1,2019. I would assume he found his new brown puppy and therefore is not interested in another puppy from NOLA.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
If anyone is looking Creole Poodle Rescue in New Orleans, La has a 6 month old red standard poodle for adoption. He is a owner surrender. I wish I could take him but I can't physically handle two.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts