Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Wonderpup pointed out that I should introduce myself.
Sooo, I grew up mostly in northwest Florida with my family and all our pooches. We raise Whippets and mostly lure course them, with bits of showing/obedience/agility here and there. My parents also have a 3year old doofy Irish Wolfhound. I moved to Tampa about 2 years ago and I'm currently a groomer at Petsmart. I live with a manx cat, a hedgehog, ferret, lizard, and a wolfhound mix named Kaitlyn. I lost my whippet twiggy in March and for the first time in my entire life I'm living without one. It's REALLY weird.
My top three most wanted dogs right now are a standard poodle, an afghan, and a pomeranian. Of course the more I'm on here the more I want a poodle. you guys aren't making it easy to resist!
I'm still a novice with grooming but I daydream of having my own pooch to experiment with... Not much you can do with a black wireyhaired beastie.
the beastie herself:

Twiggy the whippet

and this is when twiggy was purple for awhile. it's sort of an awful picture but it's fun.

and that's all for now!

oh, and I really wanted a white poodle until i saw Enzo, holy crap is he a pretty color! now i can't decide...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Or you get like me and want one of each colour. I have brown and cream and so want a parti like nothing else is important till I get a parti but now all these silvers have thrown a wrench into my parti boy wants. so do I just have 4 poodles to have what I want?
But wait red is pretty to not so much as a need to have colour but if I get the colours I want i mind as well get one of each right LOL.

I know some people calling it chipping as in BET YOU CAN'T JUST HAVE ONE ( potato chip)

·
Registered
419 Posts
:welcome:! Sorry to hear about Twiggy. She was a lovely girl. Kaitlyn looks pretty, too. Would love to see a picture of all of her :wink:. If you do decide to get a standard poodle, you'll definitely have lots of company around here.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
*giggles* hey friend :) Nice, - I see how it is :p don't mention how we grew up together and Leia is your bestest friend in the whole wide world, I mean other than blue, kate, savannah, *insert all reptile names here*, the kitten, the boyfriend, and Nat... LoL...

your in all the wedding photos, you even got to HOLD the wonder puppy!

wow, I'm surprised to see a spoo at the top of your list now... Is there one at work winning you over??

Can't wait till you meet the bean... she'll be huge by then!! She's already almost Jazz's size (at 4mo). Heh, heads up I'm gonna let Jazz get all wooly bully for when you come to visit. Evertyhing will be freshly sharpened for you to go to town. I'll even break out the good dye - which John has been using on his head and hiding from me :( so Jazz is almost white now. *gasp!*

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heh, heads up I'm gonna let Jazz get all wooly bully for when you come to visit. Evertyhing will be freshly sharpened for you to go to town. I'll even break out the good dye - which John has been using on his head and hiding from me :( so Jazz is almost white now. *gasp!*
Holy crap that's going to be AWESOME. and yeah there's a standard at work that I would steal in a heartbeat. But I think his dad's attached to him... *sigh*

You know you'll always be my number one hero :D

Here's a full body shot of Kait, I think she'd get along famously with a spoo.

she's impossible to photograph, she's a black hole

·
Registered
478 Posts
Oh I want an afghan too. That is now my next pupper on the list of wants. :) I have my two spoos and a crestie and love them completely. I think you will love a spoo. They are really fun! Welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts