Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I am a new poodle owner. I came across this website and there are very nice information on this site, so I became a member. I have a 5 month male Mini Poodle(cream color), and he is adorable. I also have a shepherd mix (10 y.o.) female dog. I am glad to be a part of community =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to show some pictures, but what is the best way to post pictures? I'm such a noob lol

I have some immediate concerns about new puppy. (Is this a right to place to post this?) I know some people probably talked about this but he is starting to have eye stains.... =( It's only his left eye and I bought this eye stain remover wipes to clean his eye but it's not improving. I know I don't want to put him on low grade antibiotics over the counter. If you know any alternative, holistic methods to help reduce eye stain, I would really appreciate it. I never had this kind of problems with my older dog, so it's really new to me. I am going to call my breeder today to see what she can suggest. Thank you for your help!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Not all white poodles get tear stains, however my poodles are brown and red so we don't have the issues with that anyway - I've read here on the forum that other members have used filtered water only for drinking (instead of tap water) and perhaps making sure your pup doesn't have any sensitivities to something in his food - another tip I've read here is that sometimes during teething, the excess tears and staining can increase until the teething is done... Hope these ideas can give you something to work with! Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been giving him filtered water and more holistic food (Blue Buffalo) for a while now. I hope he is just going through the teething phase and his eye stains will get better as he gets older. I talked to the breeder we got him from and she said I should take him to the Vet and get Trioptic ointment(antibiotic) for his eye. I hope his stains will improve and thank you for your comments, I really appreciate it =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts