Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member of poodle forum but have loved poodles for over 15 years! I currently own 2 toy part poodles. I recently tried to purchase another poodle puppy and encountered a bad breeder online who I gave a $200 deposit to and signed a lengthy contract that said I would be refunded my deposit if the litter did not produce a red female. The litter only produced 1 male and of course I did not receive a refund of my deposit. Its really upsetting that there are thieves online who merely are out to steal your money....
Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
If you have copies of the signed contract or any correspondence from her regarding the conditions by which your deposit would be refundable, then I would think you could take her to small claims court.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BOO To Bad Breeders Buyer Beware

I need to let all toy poodle lovers that there is a thief diguising herself as a breeder in Michigan. Dawn Tillery of Tillery's red toy poodles took a $200 deposit for a red female toy poodle who was to be born 2 months after I made my deposit. We both signed her contract stating that a refund would only be given if there was "no red female to choose from in the litter". Unfortunately only 1 male pup was born from the litter and she still hasn't refunded my deposit. She refuses to answer my e-mails and even changed her e-mail address! BUYER BEWARE!!! Dawn Tillery of Tillery's Red Toy Poodles does not hold to the conditions of her own contract!! She will take your money!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If she is telling the truth - than it is not " badmouthing" !!!!

I appreciate any warning of this kind ! I would not take anybody's word for granted before I do my own research into the matter - but a "red flag" would make me more careful, and there is nothing bad about that ...

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm just saying. Amandah is using words like "thief", which could possibly expose the forum owners to charges of libel. We haven't heard both sides of the story, so we don't really know if she is a thief or if this is some kind of misunderstanding. I have no problem with someone telling about their bad experience for the benefit of others, but you really have to be careful how you say things these days. Especially if you're talking about someone's business.

As I say, just sayin'.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes I called her and she hung up on me. If you call that a reputable business or a good breeder, I'd be very interested to know what you consider bad!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I agree w/ Wishpoo, if Amandah has evidence to back up her claims, then there is nothing wrong w/ her posts. The breeder is more than welcome to share her side of things here too. If the forum owners feel it puts them at risk they can edit the posts.

Welcome to the forum Amandah! We would all love to see pics of you two dogs. (I'm a bit confused; are they poodle mixes or parti colored poodles?) I hope you get your deposit back and find a reputable breeder.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you Harley_Chik. The other person tried to make me feel as if I'd done something wrong. Its good to know that poodleforum is an open forum where I can post a bad experience and get advice from others. Thank God for free speech! I want to warn people of my bad experience so they know what to look for before ever putting down a deposit and if they do encounter problems, possible ways to handle the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts