Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, and also new to poodles. We are expecting our first poodle, a standard, on Nov 13th. And we are extremely excited.:)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Oooh yay! Welcome!

What color is your new furbaby going to be? Sex?
Do you have a name picked out?

Super exciting!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Welcome! It's going to be a long month for you, isn't it? LOL. When we decided to get Bella she was already here but we had to wait 2 weeks until we could go. It was FOREVER.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Congrats we love pics!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of poodles. They will make your life exciting (especially a pup in just before the holidays). I did that last year!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks She is a girl, dark brown, she was born 9-18. No name picked out yet, so suggestions are welcome :biggrin: And I will definitely post pics.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Her name is Brenda from Sparta TN. She has bred and shown for many years, this is her last litter she is gonna have, she says she is getting too old to travel to do the shows. However we just want her as a pet, I used to have chihuahuas and shih tzus, then my kids came along and they both have allergies, so we havent been able to have pets for a long time, so we are all excited and yes it will be a very long month, lol.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Her name is Brenda from Sparta TN. She has bred and shown for many years, this is her last litter she is gonna have, she says she is getting too old to travel to do the shows. However we just want her as a pet, I used to have chihuahuas and shih tzus, then my kids came along and they both have allergies, so we havent been able to have pets for a long time, so we are all excited and yes it will be a very long month, lol.
Cool! Welcome. Do you know what Brenda's kennel name is? Since I have an up and coming brown, I'm always curious who is else is breeding browns. Do you know the registered name of the dam and sire?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I really love all the colors and a good brown is especially nice in my eyes. Can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool! Welcome. Do you know what Brenda's kennel name is? Since I have an up and coming brown, I'm always curious who is else is breeding browns. Do you know the registered name of the dam and sire?

No as of right now I dont, wasn't really worried about all that just wanted a pet, but I will find out. The pups are AKC registered and the parents were just beautiful and so smart. I instantly fell in love!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Welcome! I do understand how long it feels to wait for your puppy. I'm waiting too. It's funny because one of my possible puppy was born on 9/18 and other on 9/30. Two litters and I don't know witch one I will get. I'm waiting for miniature black boy and also don't have a name yet :rolffleyes:
Learning from this forum is great and time seems to go faster :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome! I do understand how long it feels to wait for your puppy. I'm waiting too. It's funny because one of my possible puppy was born on 9/18 and other on 9/30. Two litters and I don't know witch one I will get. I'm waiting for miniature black boy and also don't have a name yet :rolffleyes:
Learning from this forum is great and time seems to go faster :)

Congrats on your new baby too!!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
No as of right now I dont, wasn't really worried about all that just wanted a pet, but I will find out. The pups are AKC registered and the parents were just beautiful and so smart. I instantly fell in love!
You are right that it doesn't matter and I'm glad that you had a chance to meet both the dam and sire. One nice thing about getting the registered names is that you can use that information to see a little about the lines your puppy will come from. It is fun to see what champions or performance titles (there are some very well known Brown performance dogs) are behind your puppy.

Another advantage of knowing the dam's and sire's registered names is that you can check the health testing and issues in your puppy's line. Go to www.offa.org and type in a registered name or AKC registration number and you will see the dam's and sire's health testing. If it is not listed on OFA then you should ask your breeder to show you hard copies of the testing before you buy your puppy. This part is important even in a pet because you want the healthiest pet possible.

Again congratulations on your new Poodle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts