Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is April. I've been reading this forum closely for some time as my husband and I determined whether a Poodle was right for us and then when we decided it was, how to find a breeder, and the notes on grooming. We finally brought our little guy home earlier this week so I thought it was time to actually join the forum.

Jasper is a 9 week old Standard Poodle puppy. Our other dogs are retired racing Greyhounds: Oliver who is 10 years old and Winchester who is 6 years old. We also have a small farm on which we have cattle, chickens, and rabbits.

I grew up with Toy Poodles so when we decided to add a dog of a different breed to our household, I knew a Standard Poodle would be right for us. It took more convincing for my husband. He always perceived Poodles as frou-frou dogs.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Sighthound Fawn
Dog Blue Dress Carnivore Wood
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Companion dog

Anyway, I will stop rambling. I'm excited to be part of the forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

cowpony: After having hounds for years, we were ready for a pup that is a little less independent. :LOL: The Greyhounds learned commands and even tricks with ease, but they do what is asked only if they feel like it.

Redonred: They weren't sure about this fluff wad at first but they've warmed up. The younger Greyhound, Winchester, tries so hard to play with Jasper but his bounding barks are intimidating for a little puppy. Oliver is the older Greyhound and he like the puppy best when he naps. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts