Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is April. I've been reading this forum closely for some time as my husband and I determined whether a Poodle was right for us and then when we decided it was, how to find a breeder, and the notes on grooming. We finally brought our little guy home earlier this week so I thought it was time to actually join the forum.

Jasper is a 9 week old Standard Poodle puppy. Our other dogs are retired racing Greyhounds: Oliver who is 10 years old and Winchester who is 6 years old. We also have a small farm on which we have cattle, chickens, and rabbits.

I grew up with Toy Poodles so when we decided to add a dog of a different breed to our household, I knew a Standard Poodle would be right for us. It took more convincing for my husband. He always perceived Poodles as frou-frou dogs.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Sighthound Fawn
Dog Blue Dress Carnivore Wood
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Companion dog

Anyway, I will stop rambling. I'm excited to be part of the forum!

·
Registered
10,318 Posts
Welcome April, to you and your gorgeous dogs. Jasper looks like a sweetheart.

·
Premium Member
5,468 Posts
Welcome - so glad to have you with us. I love greyhounds and once wanted a retired racer but my circumstances prevented that. Your Jasper is so handsome.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Welcome! Each of your dogs is so adorable :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

cowpony: After having hounds for years, we were ready for a pup that is a little less independent. :LOL: The Greyhounds learned commands and even tricks with ease, but they do what is asked only if they feel like it.

Redonred: They weren't sure about this fluff wad at first but they've warmed up. The younger Greyhound, Winchester, tries so hard to play with Jasper but his bounding barks are intimidating for a little puppy. Oliver is the older Greyhound and he like the puppy best when he naps. LOL

·
Registered
Archie and Kacey
63 Posts
Hi JasMom and welcome! Show your hubby this website and he'll never think that Standard Poodles are frou-frou ever again. 😉 They were designed to be water-retrievers and excel in that job. I've seen Mini Poodles working at retrieving, too. Not sure the Toys are up to bringing in a duck but I bet there are some that would be game to try! Louter Creek Red Hunting Poodles

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
All of your dogs are gorgeous! Welcome to the poodle side. 😉

·
Registered
Archie and Kacey
63 Posts
Wow...itty bitty world, isn't it? Glad you found it and he came to his senses. 🐩💖🐩

·
Registered
Remy
268 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is April. I've been reading this forum closely for some time as my husband and I determined whether a Poodle was right for us and then when we decided it was, how to find a breeder, and the notes on grooming. We finally brought our little guy home earlier this week so I thought it was time to actually join the forum.

Jasper is a 9 week old Standard Poodle puppy. Our other dogs are retired racing Greyhounds: Oliver who is 10 years old and Winchester who is 6 years old. We also have a small farm on which we have cattle, chickens, and rabbits.

I grew up with Toy Poodles so when we decided to add a dog of a different breed to our household, I knew a Standard Poodle would be right for us. It took more convincing for my husband. He always perceived Poodles as frou-frou dogs.
View attachment 493659 View attachment 493660 View attachment 493661

What a beautiful little boy! Welcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 493659 View attachment 493660 View attachment 493661

Your fur babies are so adorable! Their poses are too regal. Love them!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts