Poodle Forum banner

Hello.

Tags
fleas
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Misteline 
#1 ·
New here. I just got my Spoo, Benny three weeks ago. He is now 16 weeks old and is so smart! After brushing and bathing today we noticed fleas! 😳 I am a plant lady so I always have neem oil on hand and I sprayed him down and from what I could see they all fell off and died.

My questions are this: Do you guys have any other natural solutions for killing/preventing fleas & ticks? Also since I just bathed him what's a good way to get off the flea dirt?

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to PF. I use wondercide.

I have a grooming suggestion which is to shave your pup's face feet and sanitary. Even if you want a fluffy face there could be times where there is a need for that grooming to be done and it will be good to have a dog who is used to having it done. Check out our sticky thread on grooming for puppies. .https://www.poodleforum.com/threads/teaching-grooming-behavior-to-puppies.266567/

#4 ·
Welcome to PF. I use wondercide. Ihave a grooming suggestion which is to shave your pup's face feet and sanitary. Even if you want a fluffy face there could be times where there is a need for that grooming to be done and it will be good to have a dog who is used to having it done. Check out our sticky thread on grooming for puppies. .poodleforum.com/threads/teaching-grooming-behavior-to-puppies.266567/

Thank you 😎

He has gotten professionally groomed once already since Ive had him and want to keep a schedule of every 4 weeks. I bought clippers for the time in-between. I brush him daily (to get him used to it) and I keep his eyes and ears clean. He had a bad ear infection when I got him it's clear now so I am really trying to stay on top of that ;) the only thing I hate his wet beard 🙄 lol

#3 ·
Reactions: Curlsandlegs
#5 ·
I really hate sloppy wet faces too. You will find if you want a nice clean face that it will be worth it to bite the bullet and take those clippers out of the box and start working on being able to do the face. My poodles are black so their skin isn't too sensitive and I do faces with a 30 blade setting at least every 2 weeks if not more often. Since your young man is light in color I would not go so close as a 30, but suggest trying a 10 for starters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.