Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good breeder for a German standard poodle, I was looking into Kadees standard poodles and she seemed like a good breeder to me, but who knows anymore.

I need a dog in about 3 years from now, my current SD is a pomeranian which is great right now, but my mobility issues are growing. I want to get a poodle for mobility and was recommended a German Standard poodle. Any one know of a good breeder?

I am hoping for SD work with this dog, as my mobility is declining, I want to be able to train this dog for what I am going to need. If the dog washes I likely won't be able to get another for at least a few more years.

Do I go with the breeder I have already researched or do I find another?

·
Premium Member
4,119 Posts
Welcome - my Asta worked out to be my SD but I was certainly not looking for that - just a companion animal. Amazing what he can do for me. If I were to look for a SD now, I would put the emphasis on temperament. Asta was the most confident puppy of the group, so I am glad he came to me. In addition I would look for the best breeders, those who show or participate in dog sports. Good luck with your search.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts