Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 6 month old standard poodle names Bruno, and we absolutely adore him! He is a brown brindle, and I’m hoping to connect with some fellow brindle poodle owners as I have questions about how his coat is changing colour. Our Bruno is the smartest dog we have ever owned and we have become full blown poodle obsessed! ?

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Welcome to you and Bruno. Not sure what a brindle is in poodles - I thought that poodles didn't have brindles. Would love to see some pictures.

·
Premium Member
23,150 Posts
Reactions: Asta's Mom

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
This led me down the rabbit hole of google image search and wow! Brindle parti is SO pretty! I'll admit - I'm aesthetically smitten with merle poodles, but I understand the concern. Brindle seems like a lovely, more ethical alternative.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Welcome to you and Bruno.

I know a black brindle poodle - about 5 years old. If the sun is shining in just the right angle you can see a subtle brindle pattern. Not sure how it will look in a brown, especially if the brown fades with age.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Forgive me

Merle yes that's the one I was thinking of.

Thanks, Catherine

I hope that pictures will be posted as I am now very interested in the brindle color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts