Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! My name is HoneyBee, but you may also call me Grim.

I don't have a poodle (yet) but I've been interested in them for a couple of years now, and my doctor recently recommended that I get a service dog, and then I learned poodles make excellent service dogs!

I wanted to talk to other people who have poodles, who may have advice. I'd love to adopt a dog from a shelter but when it comes to service dogs, it's best to start with a puppy with known lineage.

I've owned dogs before and I'm very excited at the prospect of caring for and training a new dog. I've never owned a poodle, but I have had labradors, golden retrievers, and mixes! All beautiful dogs.

I'd love advice on where to begin! All tips are welcome! :)

Registered
Hi welcome!! This forum will definitely help you answer your questions on poodles. So many knowledgeable people!!!

I believe there are a few people on here with poodle service dogs who can give wonderful advice!!!
There are some shelters who do rescues poodles, but I completely understand with you wanting to know the lineage. That can be very important!!

I wish you luck finding yourself a wonderful service dog! :)

Premium Member
Hi and welcome in to the forum - this is the best community with so many helpful members.

Glad you could join us.

Registered
One member of this forum, Click and Treat, has a service dog named Noelle. She has posted extensively on Noelle's training, so you might look up those posts for information. I think there are some other members who have service poodles for other health issues (Noelle is a diabetes alert dog).

Premium Member
Since you will be spending a lot of time and effort in training, I recommend finding a good breeder who does all of the health and temperament testing. Start your journey with the best puppy you can find. You will love a poodle!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts