Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Mid-Michigan! My name is Lauren and my husband and I adopted our first Standard Poodle (and Poodle!) six months ago and she has us hooked. Curry will be two in April, and although comes with her share of issues from her former lives, she is goofy, ridiculously intelligent, intuitive and athletic...as the breed is supposed to be! I decided that I needed to learn to groom myself (and have been after a private lesson from a pro groomer) and am constantly researching. I’m a mental health therapist and am hoping to eventually certify her as a therapy dog...so I’ll be wanting and looking for all sorts of help with these kinds of topics! Also, I don’t know how I’ll be able to resist adding another Spoo to the family at some point ?

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Welcome, Lauren and Curry! :) I am in training to be a psychotherapist and have a registered therapy dog who I hope to use in my practice.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Hi Laurel. Welcome to you and Curry. In my first dog training class there was a therapist with a gorgeous white spoo who planned to train and use her spoo for therapy with kids.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Welcome to PF to you both. I hope you will play actively with us!

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Welcome! PF is a great place to come for knowledge, advice, and a great sense of community. Hope your training will work out and Curry can be a therapy dog - they are amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts