Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from New Jersey!
I recently added an Arreau baby to family in September. His name is Gunnar and he is from the Journey and Lombardi litter that was born in June. I also have a 13 year old standard poodle, named Hope, that I adopted 2 years ago from a rescue. She was a breeding female who ended up on Craigslist for free when she stopped having puppies. I am looking forward to reading all of the advice about poodles on this forum. Attached are just some pictures of them.

Jenny

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello from New Jersey!
I recently added an Arreau baby to family in September. His name is Gunnar and he is from the Journey and Lombardi litter that was born in June. I also have a 13 year old standard poodle, named Hope, that I adopted 2 years ago from a rescue. She was a breeding female who ended up on Craigslist for free when she stopped having puppies. I am looking forward to reading all of the advice about poodles on this forum. Attached are just some pictures of them.

Jenny
Oops typo, Gunnar was born in July not June*

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What pretty pups you have. You will find several members here that also have Arreau pups. Looking forward to hearing more.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and your beautiful spoos

Reactions: JennyCarp

·
Premium Member
9,622 Posts
Welcome to PF! Gunnar is so handsome! Big fan of Arreau, here too:) How kind you are to have adopted Hope, giving true meaning to her name.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi! It's always exciting to see an Arreau pup owner. I'll be getting a puppy from Cherie some time this year! I can't wait! I'd love to hear more about your experience of these first five months with your puppy.

Your spoos are both gorgeous. What a lucky girl Hope is to have such a good home after what she went through.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Congratulations on your Arreau pup! Have you found that he has breathed a bit of life back into Hope? I have a 13 year old male and he perks up whenever a new puppy arrives on the scene. I am sure you are having fun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hi! It's always exciting to see an Arreau pup owner. I'll be getting a puppy from Cherie some time this year! I can't wait! I'd love to hear more about your experience of these first five months with your puppy.

Your spoos are both gorgeous. What a lucky girl Hope is to have such a good home after what she went through.
Thank you SpooChi! I absolutely love my Arreau pup (Gunnar). He has been so easy to train and sweet. Even for a puppy he is so calm and gentle, don't get me wrong we do still have the puppy zoomies quite often. All of Cherie's pups are so well socialized and it shows that she has put a lot of time into them before they leave. I cannot say enough good things about her dogs.

How exciting it is to be waiting for your new puppy! I think you will be very pleased with yours. I look forward to hearing updates as you get closer to getting your Arreau pup.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations on your Arreau pup! Have you found that he has breathed a bit of life back into Hope? I have a 13 year old male and he perks up whenever a new puppy arrives on the scene. I am sure you are having fun.
Thank you Charmed! The puppy has absolutely taken 10 years off my old girls age. She LOVES him and they play all the time, which she never did much before I got him. She even licks his face for him and sometimes I wonder if she thinks he is her puppy that I just so happened to bring home for her. It's so nice that a puppy can bring her so much joy too.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thank you SpooChi! I absolutely love my Arreau pup (Gunnar). He has been so easy to train and sweet. Even for a puppy he is so calm and gentle, don't get me wrong we do still have the puppy zoomies quite often. All of Cherie's pups are so well socialized and it shows that she has put a lot of time into them before they leave. I cannot say enough good things about her dogs.

How exciting it is to be waiting for your new puppy! I think you will be very pleased with yours. I look forward to hearing updates as you get closer to getting your Arreau pup.
Can’t wait to see yours too SpooChi! I remember Gunnar as I watched the litters very closely!! I got Saffron from Cayenne and Junior, born in August. I almost got one from the same litter as Gunnar:)
She is my second dog ever and my second spoo. Just a lovely lovely little dog! I am finding her so much easier to train than my first guy, and she’s just so confident and happy. Gunnar looks great!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can’t wait to see yours too SpooChi! I remember Gunnar as I watched the litters very closely!! I got Saffron from Cayenne and Junior, born in August. I almost got one from the same litter as Gunnar:)
She is my second dog ever and my second spoo. Just a lovely lovely little dog! I am finding her so much easier to train than my first guy, and she’s just so confident and happy. Gunnar looks great!!
I watched the Cayenne and Junior litter very closely too! We were not sure which litter mine would be from so I enjoyed watching both litters grow up. Looking at their pictures on Facebook every day was the highlight of my days leading up to bringing him home. Saffron is beautiful!

·
Registered
152 Posts
JenandSage, oh my goodness I just can't wait... I'm trying to keep my excitement at bay so that I can get through this period of "unknown", lol.

It seems like everyone who gets one spoo ends up with more! It is so, so nice to hear about all the Arreau pups being so wonderful. I am preparing myself by reading all kinds of puppy horror stories so that my experience will seem like a breeze, haha.

·
Registered
152 Posts
JennyCarp, It is so much fun to watch Cherie's facebook page. I check everyday for updates on her dogs and loved every minute of the puppy videos and pics of this latest litter. Now that I have experienced the level of communication Cherie has with her followers, I can't imagine going with a breeder who didn't share the journey like she does.

It sounds like all the Arreau pups are the perfect levels of energy and mellowness. I look forward to the days when I can share updates and photos. It feels like it'll be here too quick one day, and too far away the next. Either way, I'm excited and it's all I think about all day, haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts