Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I found your forum while doing some research on standard poodles.

I look forward to learning more about your experiences and dogs!

Katie :cute:

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
I have a male black standard age 4. When he was a puppy he was the sweetest thing - then came the teenage years where he was a terror - but they do get over that. By 3 years he had settled and now is the bestest boy.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have had many dogs in my lifetime, I am older. This is my first poodle, a standard. Renn will turn 1 on December 1. He has been the most challenging dog I have ever had but so worth it to me. My initial idea wa to have a well trained dog who I could do some therapy work with, nothing huge, just going with a dog who loves people and is in a calm state of mind, that I could visit nursing homes with. Thats what I wanted to do. At this point I don't see that he will fit the bill, he is just to excitable, which may calm down in future but he also does not really want anyone beside myself to handle him so that won't work. He still has another 2 years before I expect better of him but I think he would be showing signs by now. He is though my loving companion that I wouldn't trade. I have learned rating a poodle is more work than some other breeds because of the active nature however I feel in the end it will be all worthwhile. Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Welcome to PF. Good luck in your search for a nice dog.

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
Welcome! Poodles are a terrific breed - smart, versatile, three sizes and so many colors! You do need to take training seriously from the jump and expect maturity at two, if you are lucky, three if you are on track. Lots of fun along the way is guaranteed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts