Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here! I live in West Central IL, right on the Mississippi River. Currently have a 7 month old standard poodle named Fergus. I found the forum by trying to find a growth chart for standard poodles, because 2 people have now asked me if he is a large mini or a small standard. I think they are crazy! I haven't weighed him since his neuter several months ago, but I just measured him and hes 25 inches from floor to shoulder. People are weird. I have also had people ask me if he is a sheep, and many...many...many times I have been asked if he is a labradoodle. I do believe he is going to end up a silver, even though he was black when we got him. I look forward to reading more about everyones poodles!

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Welcome! Can we see a picture of Fergus? How odd that people would not know he's a standard! :alberteinstein: At 25" he's the average height for a male spoo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope I did this right, have't used a forum in ages. He is shaved down right now, unfortunate miscommunication with a groomer.

Here he is the day we got him, he had never been groomed.

And after I novicely trimmed him up a bit because he couldn't see and was running into everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! We love him! He is coming around nicely. It was an odd set of circumstance that brought him into our lives. He was not socialized at all. He was terrified of everything. Still has fears but I have been working so hard to help him be more confident. He has made some great progress. He was scared of leaves. He was scared of a spot on the ground that was darker than everything around it. He wouldn't walk by vehicles at all. He still has to be coaxed to get into a car, but he will jump into them now. He would't walk on any type of flooring. He will even let strangers pet him, well sometimes. I am very proud of him. :)

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
It sounds like you are doing a great job of socializing Fergus. We have some very experienced people here who have written posts about helping our spoos overcome fears. Please feel free to ask any specific questions in the training forum.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hello and welcome. Fergus is a very handsome guy, and it sounds like you are making excellent progress with his socialization.

Enjoy your time here on Poodle Forum.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Hi and welcome. Fergus is so cute - he looks like a very happy fella and he's definitely silver.

Fergus is lucky you are taking such good care of him and helping him over his issues.

Reactions: Mennoly

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! Yes! Fergus looks like he gonna be a silver spoo! What a cutie he is! Hope to see a lot of him here!

Reactions: Mennoly

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Fergus looks all st poodle to me and looks like a silver. Many people think our standards are doodles when their faces are not shaved and you can't see their beautiful nose. It sounds like you are doing an amazing job with him.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Fergus is cute and he has a great name!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts