Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My family will be getting a toy poodle soon. I'm both excited and nervous as this is also the first dog that I'll be having in my life. Hope to get a lot of good advice from the more experienced people here!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. There are lots of toy poodles here so ou will get lots of advice from others here. I have a standard who is 9 months old. Someone I am sure will also give you advise on hypoglycemia (Hypoglycemia Requires Quick Intervention in Toy and Small Breeds | American Shih Tzu Club) useful info. Keeping a tube of nutrical on hand is always a good idea. Toy breeds are more prone to this if they don't eat, which sometimes happens especially when you first bring them home and they are young. You will be totally in love with your new pup. Looking forward to hearing all about him/her and seeing pictures too.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Hi and welcome. I had a tpoo when my kids were young. It’s a wonderful compact size of poodle.

Have you picked a breeder or are you still researching? Lots of info her on finding a quality breeder and if you need help people here can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your suggestions Mufar42! I will definitely take a look at the article.

I have picked a puppy from a breeder already. The puppy is about 11 weeks old now. He was originally ready to go sometime next week, but I was told by the breeder recently that he has had a few hypoglycemia episodes recently and is still weaning from his mom, so I might have to wait for a few more weeks before he is ready to go. Should I be concerned? I did some research online and it seems toy poodles puppies usually complete their weaning process by 8 weeks, and he is already 11 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts