Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new here im getting my first poodle in 6 weeks a minature parti colour male
im so excited

ive been a dog groomer for 7 years now and love my job so glad im finally getting my own dog to groom

i also own a 9 yrs old rottie who is my big baby

hope to get to know you all and if any one would like any grooming advice il be happy to help

also is there any other groomers on here

emily

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi...

I'm new here too, but just a little looking around, and you'll see a number of pro groomers here. I'm looking forward to learning a bit from all you pros.
Parti on!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Since it takes monthss to get into a dog groomer here..I may have to learn more than touch ups :/. I don't have the sedation that vet groomers do lol. Maybe mine will get use to it soon. This one vet I can get in fairly soon but I have had to do snipping on them when I get them home cause she doesnt go through it later for missed patches. They arent big ones but ones I notice.

·
Registered
419 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new boy when you get him. And we like pictures of non-poodles, too, so please post some of your rottie as well.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theres a fue pics of my rottie and some of my non poodle customers :whoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Tyler,
Welcome, I'm new too. I have been around Standards for years and have groomed some on our own dogs. I could never make a living grooming, but I have kept one in show coat until he was finished. I did all the bathing and brushing on our 70 lb. 27" tall, Ch. Berry's Hungry Jack, but the handler did the grooming. His picture is my avitar. There's a lot of square area on a Standard. It took about 4 hours to brush, bathe, then brush again as he was being dried.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts