Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a returnee to Standard Poodles. I bred these wonderful creatures 35 years ago with much success in the show ring and, more importantly, beautiful dogs with stable, happy temperament for pet homes. I'm now back and have a gorgeous black Standard in whelp to a gorgeous, tall, elegant male. Off and running again!!!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Welcome! Do share info and pictures of your upcoming babies!!! We LOVE pics on here...

Do note that we can be rather opinionated about breeding on here at times too, but seeing you've been in the show world for so long I'm sure you already have a flame proof suit! haha! It's all in the love of poodles in the end anyway, cos we do all love these incredible dogs!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kennel name

Levade Standard Poodles. I'm in the process of building a web site, but meanwhile you can check our fan page on Facebook.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Ohh, she is a pretty girl! I've joined your group to keep track of her progress! Do update us on here too!!! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pups

It's great fun to watch them go from little neckless fat blobs to these gorgeous creatures and yes, we'll be posting photos for sure. It's great fun to be back.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Welcome! And what a beautiful bitch. What is her full registered name? Who is the sire? Maybe I missed it somewhere... sorry if I did. Look forward to seeing her pups! Good luck. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My bitch

She is Teller Espree Bright Smile (Charly) and you can check her out at offa.org with her CHIC #: 61999.

Yes, she's exceptional!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
She is Teller Espree Bright Smile (Charly) and you can check her out at offa.org with her CHIC #: 61999.

Yes, she's exceptional!
Who is the sire of the upcoming litter? Does this bitch carry a Brown gene? I have been looking to double up on Terra Firma with my Brown bitch (Terra Firma is her grandsire). Can I ask a few questions? PM me if you like... Would you fault your bitch on being overly narrow? Was she Base Canine Narrow as a puppy?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who is the sire of the upcoming litter? Does this bitch carry a Brown gene? I have been looking to double up on Terra Firma with my Brown bitch (Terra Firma is her grandsire). Can I ask a few questions? PM me if you like... Would you fault your bitch on being overly narrow? Was she Base Canine Narrow as a puppy?
Litter sire is Ch. Ascot Thunderball. Olivia is in his pedigree 5!!! times.

She does carry a brown gene, and Terra Firma (Frasier) is her grandsire as well as her sire. She is bred to Ch. Ascot Thunderball who is dominant black since I want to stick to black.

I would not fault her on being overly narrow. She has in general much more substance than many of her line and stops quite wide in the rear with great angulation. I want more chin, a more oval eye and a "500%" level croup. Other than that and her black fading some early she's a grand specimen.

She was not Base Canine Narrow? Was yours?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Litter sire is Ch. Ascot Thunderball. Olivia is in his pedigree 5!!! times.

She does carry a brown gene, and Terra Firma (Frasier) is her grandsire as well as her sire. She is bred to Ch. Ascot Thunderball who is dominant black since I want to stick to black.

I would not fault her on being overly narrow. She has in general much more substance than many of her line and stops quite wide in the rear with great angulation. I want more chin, a more oval eye and a "500%" level croup. Other than that and her black fading some early she's a grand specimen.

She was not Base Canine Narrow? Was yours?
No, but I have heard from breeders who doubled up on Frasier close up that they got lovely long, long faces but Base Canine Narrow.

Since I have Brown I am always on the lookout for Dominant Black or Black w/Brown. I'm assuming that the Thunderball dog brings all you are looking for to the table. Where might you fault him? Did you look at other Dominant Black dogs?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Welcome I am located in CA also. Do you know Peggy Mcdill well ? She is sooooooooooo NICE she help my sister and I out when we started to show.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome I am located in CA also. Do you know Peggy Mcdill well ? She is sooooooooooo NICE she help my sister and I out when we started to show.
Yes, Peggy co-bred my bitch and I know her quite well. Since I had been out of the sport for such a long time she helped me identify the right stud dog for this breeding. The REALLY interesting thing is that my breeding is solidly in back of Frasier, my bitch's sire AND grandsire - meaning my line from 35 years ago.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yes, Peggy co-bred my bitch and I know her quite well. Since I had been out of the sport for such a long time she helped me identify the right stud dog for this breeding. The REALLY interesting thing is that my breeding is solidly in back of Frasier, my bitch's sire AND grandsire - meaning my line from 35 years ago.
Awesome I am going to pm you about this :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts