Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My name is Julia, I am from Spain but I live in Vietnam.
Last week this cutie pie came into my life, her name is Chikki, she is a beige toy poodle (even she looks like a lamb ;))

The Poodle is the most popular breed in Vietnam, it was introduced to the country by the French rulers in the 18th century and its popularity has grown since then.

My husband is Indian and he is the one who came up with the name, Chikki is an Indian sweet made out of peanuts:

Nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
She does look like a little lamb. So sweet. Welcome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome. Her name is cute, and I thank you for the explanation and the picture. It's a good name, and I'm sure she will be just as sweet as her name.
I wish you many happy years together.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Hello everyone!

My name is Julia, I am from Spain but I live in Vietnam.
Last week this cutie pie came into my life, her name is Chikki, she is a beige toy poodle (even she looks like a lamb ;))

View attachment 474504 View attachment 474505 View attachment 474506

The Poodle is the most popular breed in Vietnam, it was introduced to the country by the French rulers in the 18th century and its popularity has grown since then.

My husband is Indian and he is the one who came up with the name, Chikki is an Indian sweet made out of peanuts:

Nice to meet you all!
Chili is so cute—and I’d love a recipe for her namesake! 😉

·
Super Moderator
3,982 Posts
Welcome Julia and Chikki! I didn't know poodles were the most popular breed in Vietnam, but I'm not surprised. Sort of close to you is Japan as you know; my niece's job takes her to there several times a year and she says poodles are everywhere. A few years ago I asked her to bring back a puppy from Smash Poodles, but the importing rules were too much. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you everyone for your kind words!!!

Chikki is totally adapted to her new home :) Here in Vietnam all groomers recommend to do a full shave on your puppy so the adult hair will grow better.

Here you have some pictures!! It is the same doggie!! And it is very funny how she looks like an standard poodle that was reduced with a reduction laser :LOL:

She is very clever, when we clean the house she likes to collect all her toys around her bed so they don't get absorbed by the vacuum cleaner!

·
Super Moderator
2,594 Posts
:cool::):)
Thank you everyone for your kind words!!!

Chikki is totally adapted to her new home :) Here in Vietnam all groomers recommend to do a full shave on your puppy so the adult hair will grow better.

Here you have some pictures!! It is the same doggie!! And it is very funny how she looks like an standard poodle that was reduced with a reduction laser :LOL:

View attachment 474922 View attachment 474923

She is very clever, when we clean the house she likes to collect all her toys around her bed so they don't get absorbed by the vacuum cleaner!

View attachment 474924
My old boy Pogo used to collect all his toys on his bed too. He was a very materialistic dog.:) One time I was vacuuming near his bed, so he left the room to escape the noise. Then - oh no! - he realized he had left his favorite toy in danger. He charged back into the room, grabbed the toy from the bed, and fled at top speed. It was a very brave rescue.

·
Super Moderator
3,982 Posts
One time I was vacuuming near his bed, so he left the room to escape the noise. Then - oh no! - he realized he had left his favorite toy in danger. He charged back into the room, grabbed the toy from the bed, and fled at top speed. It was a very brave rescue.
Brave indeed! That's so endearing and made me chuckle.

Here in Vietnam all groomers recommend to do a full shave on your puppy so the adult hair will grow better.
That's very interesting. I remember as a teenager that the boys grew peach fuzz on their chins, but once they shaved it, the texture was different and thicker. I vaguely remember my then-teen girl cousin and myself complaining that after we saved her underarm hair it grew back thicker; too bad we didn't know about waxing. My young adult daughter says that hair grows back thinner after waxing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts