Poodle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Elise. I currently don't have a dog, as my shiba inu died of cancer in September 2014. I am thinking for my next dog I might get a miniature poodle, so I want to learn about them. I won't be getting a dog any time soon though, as I am first planning to do a Ph.D., and won't have enough time to devote to a dog until that's finished. So I expect to be mostly reading about everyone's poodles and not saying much myself on this forum. I look forward to getting to know you guys and your dogs. :)

-
Elisie

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Hi and welcome. I'm sorry your lost your shiba inu. You are wise to wait until you are in a place to raise a new dog.

I used to take my minipoo to a small dog social and a few people have brought in shiba inu dogs. I think you'll find a minipoo has a very different personality. My minipoo is very friendly and social, she wants to greet all people and their dogs. I noticed the shiba inus tend to keep to themselves. One dog was a little aggressive towards the other dogs - they didn't come back after one session.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Welcome Elise. I also waited to finish my PhD before getting a dog. Glad you are here researching minipoos. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.