Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Thomas Wipperman, and I’m an AKC certified dog trainer, and I’ve been training Poodles for a long time. I would like to join the forum here to share what I know and hope that would be helpful for someone.

All of my methods rely on Positive Reinforcement, taking cues from the most up to date dog training theories.

Thanks,
Thomas

·
Premium Member
22,991 Posts
Welcome Thomas, always nice to have more folks who are serious about training. I am an AKC CGC evaluator and teach performance obedience and rally classes at my AKC sanctioned obedience club, but I don't think I know what an AKC certified trainer is.

ETA I just looked at your website and see at the top of your posts "21 Types of Poodle Mixes: Which Poodle Cross Breed is Best For You?" I think you will find that even though we welcome members whose dogs are poodle crosses that 99% of us think there is no such thing as a best poodle mix. We also for the most part think there is no such thing as a good breeder of poodle crosses. This is a place that is really all about poodles, 100% through and through poodles.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Hi and welcome. I also went to your website, I noticed you have an “Australian Shepard, Audie” but no poodle. I’m also confused by the spelling of shepherd on your website. Sorry for being picky but you mention you are a writer.

Are you participating in dog sports with Audie? What’s your favorite?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts