Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Poodle Forum friends! I just wanted to introduce myself here. I am a Canadian currently living in the San Francisco Bay area, and I have joined Poodle Forum as I am currently on the wait list for a miniature poodle puppy from Clarion.

I look forward to interacting with you all and hopefully sharing my journey with our new puppy when he/she comes home to us! Not sure how long we have to wait... so spending plenty of time getting extra sleep and relaxation before puppy craziness!

I wanted to maybe get some ideas from the people on this forum as to a potential name for our new puppy! We do not know if we are getting a girl or a boy, we are open to either one. We like names that are two syllables, and more unique. So far for a girl we are thinking of Ivy, Phoebe, or Uma. For a boy we are thinking of Neo. Any suggestions you have would be welcome! We won't decide on a name for certain until the puppy has been with us for a while so we can make sure the name is a good fit.

·
Premium Member
23,790 Posts
Welcome to PF. You certainly do have puppy fever don't you? I also generally like two syllable names ending with vowel sounds, hence Lily. Our boys are Peeves (commonly called Peevesy) and Javelin usually called Javvy. I like all of your potential girl names. Good boy names are somehow harder to come by aren't they though? For Javelin I wanted a name starting with J but rejected Jack and Jake out of hand because there are way too many male dogs with those names.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Welcome - hope you find a perfect puppy for you. I too like two syllable names, but I won't pop into the name game until it looks like a puppy will get you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I will admit that I most definitely have puppy fever! I have been on the wait list going on two months now which I know is no time at all... but I'm bad at being patient!

Love your dog's names, especially Javelin! What a cool name. Yes, boy names are somehow way harder to think of, I'm not sure why...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Haha, I totally agree male names are harder. I like your choices :) I'm so excited for you! (I'm also in the Bay Area! San Jose area :) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts