Poodle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My fiance and I just picked up our new miniature poodle puppy a couple of weeks ago from the Kennedys at Clarion! We're so excited to get to know everyone in this forum and share pictures of our adorable girl. She's 17 weeks old today! This is our first puppy, so we are definitely open to any advice you all may have :) She's settling in well and is such a bundle of energy. We're hoping to get into rally and nosework eventually, but for now we're in puppy kindergarten learning the basics!
Dog Toy Water dog Dog breed Carnivore

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Welcome to you all! What's her name? More pictures please!

You have some company at PF, although theirs are toys. We have at least two other members who have Clarion toys currently. One is one of our SuperMods, Phaz23 and her guy, Tekno. They're doing some scentwork. If you use "Tekno" as your keyword in Search you'll find their threads.

Reactions: Minie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to you all! What's her name? More pictures please!

You have some company at PF, although theirs are toys. We have at least two other members who have Clarion toys currently. One is one of our SuperMods, Phaz23 and her guy, Tekno. They're doing some scentwork. If you use "Tekno" as your keyword in Search you'll find their threads.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Here name is Chia! We'll definitely have to get in touch with Phaz23 :) Here are a few more pictures in the meantime!

Dog Vertebrate Comfort Carnivore Dog breed

Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

Dog Water dog Dog supply Dog breed Carnivore

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Darling! Congratulations on purchasing from such a stellar breeder. They have been very kind to me with questions and watching grooming in the past. What a lovely family to join ❤. Tekno has also just begun his conformation career, and he and his Mom have a lot going on 🤩.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful puppy Chia.

Reactions: chiapup93

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome and congratulaions on your beautiful puppy! You sound like you're on the right track by starting her training already! I encourage you to go to obedience training also, with a trainer who will train you to train your dog. This helped Topper and I build a great bond, and it helped me understand how dogs think and learn. Nosework is a ton of fun because it lets your dog just be a dog. Our NW trainer started the classes by saying that the classroom was an obedience-free zone. That was music to adolescent Topper's ears! Have fun with your pup and keep us posted on her progress!

·
Registered
22 Posts
She is gorgeous! Does she have a natural tail or just a long dock? I know Clarion has said that their involvement with programs outside the US has lead to less docking in their program. Chia is also a really cute name!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She is gorgeous! Does she have a natural tail or just a long dock? I know Clarion has said that their involvement with programs outside the US has lead to less docking in their program. Chia is also a really cute name!
Thank you! I don't think her tail is docked, though I didn't specifically ask. I kind of love her long tail! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome and congratulaions on your beautiful puppy! You sound like you're on the right track by starting her training already! I encourage you to go to obedience training also, with a trainer who will train you to train your dog. This helped Topper and I build a great bond, and it helped me understand how dogs think and learn. Nosework is a ton of fun because it lets your dog just be a dog. Our NW trainer started the classes by saying that the classroom was an obedience-free zone. That was music to adolescent Topper's ears! Have fun with your pup and keep us posted on her progress!
Thank you! I just looked at your profile, and Topper is adorable! It sounds like he loves scent work! Chia loves the "find it" game we play with her kibble, so I'm hoping we're somehow building up nose work sills (or at least a love for the activity!) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts