Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the correct place to start and I apologize if it’s not. I’ve been looking on this forum for a few days. I am a retired groomer. I was taught to groom by master groomer Marcia Hill in Lapuente California. I’ve been grooming for almost 30 years and have had poodles all my life (I’m 46). I’ve had standards all the way down to toys. What brought me here is my new family member a black toy poodle turning color... yes I’m yet another puzzled person confused by a color change. Im also hoping to maybe run into some of the people I went to grooming school with. I’ve worked at many great grooming shops and been around show poodles off and on during my career. I love all breeds of dogs but there’s just something about poodles. Glad to be here sorry for the book.

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
I hope this is the correct place to start and I apologize if it’s not. I’ve been looking on this forum for a few days. I am a retired groomer. I was taught to groom by master groomer Marcia Hill in Lapuente California. I’ve been grooming for almost 30 years and have had poodles all my life (I’m 46). I’ve had standards all the way down to toys. What brought me here is my new family member a black toy poodle turning color... yes I’m yet another puzzled person confused by a color change. Im also hoping to maybe run into some of the people I went to grooming school with. I’ve worked at many great grooming shops and been around show poodles off and on during my career. I love all breeds of dogs but there’s just something about poodles. Glad to be here sorry for the book.
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hello, and welcome to PF. I look forward to seeing photos of your dog.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Very cute, bright eyed puppers you have there!

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,847 Posts
Can you say more about her color change? She looks like a black mismark from your photo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Liz he was born black with white tuxedo markings. His mom is black and white and dad I was told was similar in color to the mom I was never shown a picture of his dad. Squishy’s littermate was all white with a few black patches. Squishy is AKC papered. I noticed right away his color was different underneath as I would part his hair.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’ve groomed for years but I never said I was amazing 🤩. I do my best but it wasn’t something that came easy specially working alongside AMAZING groomers. But I was good enough to at least be hired by high end shops. I have worked for Gwens Showing off Pet grooming who showed poodles. This was in California and she was from England. I also worked at Clipendales in Hemet California the owner is a master groomer. And I worked at a shop in Temecula Ca. For Julie that showed Kerry blue terriers. She passed away like 8 years ago. I’ve groomed all over Southern California even mobile grooming which was a blast.
Squishy was black and he’s gone rouge turning some sort of gray. I have read up enough on here from you all to know he’s definitely NOT black or will not turn silver so I’m thinking he’s either blue or gray or possibly even a bad black. Either way my family and I are smitten to pieces with him. He could turn green and we would be delighted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts