Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. We are joining the forum as a resource as we begin searching for our new family member. Two years ago we rescued a Labradoodle, Timber, from some unfortunate circumstances. She is an amazing addition to our family, and was my very first dog of my own. We have done countless hours of training and behavior modification and she has come a long way. We would love to bring a puppy into the family in late 2019 and we are working hard to make sure we are on the right track. In talking with our trainers, we think a standard poodle will be the right fit for us! I prefer larger dogs, so I hope we can find a breeder that we fall in love with, and start a great relationship. We hope to find a laid back pup with essentially a therapy temperament that will be a great fit with our current love. I hope to learn a ton from this forum and look forward to the advice from all of you!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new to poodles though I've been a dog person my entire life, and I'm retired so...My standard is 9 months old, I was looking for calm with hopes of taking him to nursing homes to visit as a therapy dog. Jury is still out on that. He is coming along nicely but he is a puppy and not calm. LOL I realize his training will probably take me 3 years to get him to that point. Anyway it is a ton of fun, keeps me active. Lots of informative people on this forum.

·
Premium Member
22,883 Posts
Welcome to PF. I am sure you will be able to find a great breeder and that will lead to a great pup for you. You have plenty of time.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Hi to you and Timber. Welcome to PF.

I'm sure our members can help you find a puppy. You mention you're in WA - how far do you want to travel?

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! You will find a ton of leads here for your new pup.........informed leads! People here are very well versed on what/who is a good breeder! You can also ask for opinions of breeders you might be interested in! Good Luck! But in the meantime, join in and share Timber with us!:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to PF! You will find a ton of leads here for your new pup.........informed leads! People here are very well versed on what/who is a good breeder! You can also ask for opinions of breeders you might be interested in! Good Luck! But in the meantime, join in and share Timber with us!
Thank you all so much for the welcome! My husband and I are looking forward to learning a bunch as we prepare to grow our family! We are still new in our searching, but we wondered if anyone here has any experience with hawk valley in Montana? We have also reached out to coplar creek here in Washington. In the meantime, here is a picture of Timber after her most recent summer cut.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Timber is a cutie! Love that practical clip (I keep mine short year round).

The Montana breeder's dogs do not have good conformation, but at least they do health and COI testing.

I would recommend looking into Farthing and Lakeridge--two of the best poodle breeders in the country and they are located in Washington!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts