Poodle Forum banner

Hello from the UK!

1967 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Beautiful Blue
Hello!! I am Gemma, I married and have 2 children aged 5 and 2.

When I was younger I had a black miniature poodle called Basil (after Basil the great mouse detective...I was 5!!! lol) he died aged 13 and we have never had a dog since!

Have been thinking about getting one for a while, but have finially convinced the hubby (ish ;)) and I would love to get a poodle again...prob a miniature again tbh.

Looked at Cockapoos, but some of them are too spanialish for me...so think the poodle is the way to go!

Hope to chat to you all soon

Love Gem xx
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
620 Posts
Are we too old?

Folks, my husband and I recently lost our 2 standards within 2 months and 2 days of each other. One was 12 years and 3 months due to cancer, the other had just turned 14. They were active, cooperative and pretty healthy right up to the quite sudden end. We loved those beautiful girls! They were not related but got along just fine and were good companions for each other.

Because we are 69 and 73 years old, we assumed that would be the end of our pet ownership commitment. But.... I have to admit the house seems kind of empty, Day to day life a little more boring, Grandma's house a little less interesting.

We are in good health. And recently I met a woman with a wonderful 20 month old Standard who needs to re-home him, due to her therapy dog. (No fault of the Standard) He is smart, well behaved, obedience trained, and I can see he is going to be a Beautiful Blue. We have had him overnight a couple of times. He loves our large, fenced yard and grandchildren.

But the question remains....are we too old.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.