Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! I am Gemma, I married and have 2 children aged 5 and 2.

When I was younger I had a black miniature poodle called Basil (after Basil the great mouse detective...I was 5!!! lol) he died aged 13 and we have never had a dog since!

Have been thinking about getting one for a while, but have finially convinced the hubby (ish ;)) and I would love to get a poodle again...prob a miniature again tbh.

Looked at Cockapoos, but some of them are too spanialish for me...so think the poodle is the way to go!

Hope to chat to you all soon

Love Gem xx

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Welcome jolu, why on earth would you consider a x bred for. And all these fancy names they give the dogs gets me riled. Glad you chose the real poodle. Why they would go out and cross such a beautiful breed I would never know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome jolu, why on earth would you consider a x bred for. And all these fancy names they give the dogs gets me riled. Glad you chose the real poodle. Why they would go out and cross such a beautiful breed I would never know.
i don't know I just looked and they seem really sweet...but tbh as I've said they are too much like a spaniel, and if I wanted a spaniel I'd get one lol!

So a poodle it is. Just need to find a breeder etc now! xx

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
welcome and good luck with finding your poodle baby! I love poodles! We have four - 2 minis and 2 medium standards.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The mixes are fun but I think you'll love going with a true poodle! I think a lot of people go for those mixes because they don't like how a poodle "looks" when all they really don't like is the haircut!

Poodles are the best :) Welcome!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Funny... for a dog that no one likes the look of, we can't walk down the street without everyone cooing at how cute our poodle is. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know! I get all kinds of compliments and "wow" when my dog is done up in a show cut. I don't know why there aren't more poodles in the world. Usually it is women, but even a man stopped me today to ask about my dog. He claimed to be a great dane lover and was just in awe and complimenting my boy.

Crazy =)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Gemma, I'm from the UK also - Bolton. Where are you? My two little girls are toy poodles, one black and one registered brown but now a lovely shade of cafe au lait.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Welcome! I am not the biggest fan of poodle hybrid/mixes, but I
do own a male black Schnoodle, we shave his face like that of a
poodle, lol. I enjoy the purebreds more though.;)

I own two miniatures, an 11 week old cream female and an
eight year old black stud. I love my babies! :D

·
Registered
620 Posts
Are we too old?

Folks, my husband and I recently lost our 2 standards within 2 months and 2 days of each other. One was 12 years and 3 months due to cancer, the other had just turned 14. They were active, cooperative and pretty healthy right up to the quite sudden end. We loved those beautiful girls! They were not related but got along just fine and were good companions for each other.

Because we are 69 and 73 years old, we assumed that would be the end of our pet ownership commitment. But.... I have to admit the house seems kind of empty, Day to day life a little more boring, Grandma's house a little less interesting.

We are in good health. And recently I met a woman with a wonderful 20 month old Standard who needs to re-home him, due to her therapy dog. (No fault of the Standard) He is smart, well behaved, obedience trained, and I can see he is going to be a Beautiful Blue. We have had him overnight a couple of times. He loves our large, fenced yard and grandchildren.

But the question remains....are we too old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts