Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now and finally got up the nerve to join in the group and conversations. I am a new Standard Poodle owner. Emily is my baby and is 5 months old and my first poodle. I helped my mom deliver her. She was born to two black standard poodles. I arrived a little late and mom had already gave birth to 6 puppies, all black and brown. I had my heart set on an apricot female and as soon as I arrived mommy pushed out the only apricot of the litter and it was a female! I say that it was meant to be. I will try and post some picutres of her and look forward to meeting everyone and getting some great advise for my spoiled pooch.

Kimberly

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Hope you enjoy it here.

Congrats on your baby. Everything works out in the end doesn't it?? Your story reminded me of me and my Mom, partners through it all...whelping, tails and dews. She helped me and I helped her.

Looking forward to photos of your furkid.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome - we have an apricot boy, Olie.

How did you come up with your name?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome - we have an apricot boy, Olie.

How did you come up with your name?
My screename I came up with because everyone sais I'm prissy and that I have the perfect dog for me :) even if I try to convince them that poodles are not prissy dogs, just pretty. And my dog's name Emily my mom helped me come up with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome from N. Florida! Very pretty girl.
My husband says our new little man will be perfect for me. A spoiled rotten prince.

He's got a goofy boxer mix boy that acts just like him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love how her ears are darker than the rest- very pretty!
Thank you. But if one more person asks me if she is a goldendoodle, I swear, lol. I can't take her for a walk without someone asking "Is that a goldendoodle?" I just smile and say no, its a Standard Poodle and then the next question is "Why is her hair not curly then?" :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Thank you. But if one more person asks me if she is a goldendoodle, I swear, lol. I can't take her for a walk without someone asking "Is that a goldendoodle?" I just smile and say no, its a Standard Poodle and then the next question is "Why is her hair not curly then?" :)
LoL, Glad to know I am not the only person who runs into the florida redneck who thinks every spoo they see is a doodle. I live in Northwest Florida and I swear I cannot take my girls out in public without one or two people asking " what kind of dog is that? They could not be in a more poodle like haircut, clean feet, clean face, pom on tail and people STILL don't seem to think hey thats a poodle how about I just keep walking and mind my own business instead of asking a dumb question LoL. Believe it or not I've even had people argue with me that I dont own a poodle b/c they are to BIG to be poodles. ROFL. I suppose I should put them both in continentals so they will be in what people around here consider "a poodle haircut." If I had a dime for every client who walked in the door and loudly announces that they do not want a "poodle cut" (even on dog who are not poodles or poodle mixes) I'd be rich. They all mean they don't want a continental and apparently that is the only poodle cut out there LoL. *eye roll*

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
:wlecome: Hope you enjoy it here!

Just and FYI a continental doesn't prevent the doodle question. My girl is in a continental and I still get the dooodle question. Sometimes I just laugh and say yep, she's a poodle doodle :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ms.PoodlePriss -- Your Poodle is beautiful! I love how her ears and face are slightly darker than her body. She's a doll. Is she as good a girl as she looks?

I'm also in Florida, Palm Beach area (sunny south east)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ms.PoodlePriss -- Your Poodle is beautiful! I love how her ears and face are slightly darker than her body. She's a doll. Is she as good a girl as she looks?

I'm also in Florida, Palm Beach area (sunny south east)
She is a sweety. I called her sweetpea when she was a baby. She is really good, I'm just trying to work on bringing her out of her shell though. She is shy of strangers. She also barks at herself or me in the mirror and then runs under the bed, haha. She is well behaved and spends her time with me, usually by my feet. I am wondering if her ears will stay darker or if she will outgrow once she matures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts