Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new here and look forward to getting to know you all!

I breed and show Standard Poodles in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.

I have two children , Katelyn (12 years) and Christopher (11 years). I have been married to my husband Dave for 13 years.

I own a grooming shop which I run from our home and have been doing pet grooming for over 25 years now.

We have multiple Poodles at home here and I also own and co-own several others who live elsewhere. We also just recently added a beautiful little Chinese Crested girl to our family .

I look forward to meeting all of you and your Poodles here on the forum!

Lisa Goodwin
Tango Poodles

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Welcome to the Poodle Forum, Lisa!

I have a daughter, Katy, and a husband, Dave, as well (although on Monday it will have been 24 years for us!) :)

Please share some pictures of your poodles (and the Chinese Crested - I think they're adorable!!)

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day! :lol:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. You have amazing poodles and I have drooled over them for ages. I think Solomon is absolutely stunning!!

Its nice to have another Canadian on the forum. I've got to agree you have wonderful taste in kids names. I have a Katelyn too (she is 6) and 2 sons Dan (13) and David (almost 8). I'd love to see more pics of your dogs as well.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hey ! :D

Welcome all the way from New Zealand!!
It's great to have another show breeder here :D
I too am in love with Solomon... He is soo soo beautiful!

Oooh, and I have seen pictures of Gideon and his offspring in Australia, they are soo beautiful!

Yes, and we all love pictures here! the more the better ;)

I myself have a 5 (May 23rd) year old White (Although she has darkened to a murky creamy colour... mostly along her back and various spots...) Standard Poodle, Saffy, with whom I compete in Agility, Obedience, Rally O, and Junior Breed Handling... She has her Rally Advanced Title, and is doing very well at Agility :D

Oh, and Happy Mother's day!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Happy Mother's Day Lisa!!! I am so happy to see you become a member. I have been one of your cheerleaders here for a while now. You know how I feel about your boys! Did you get the colour testing back on the boy we had discussed to see about him carrying/not carrying brown? Looking forward to your input here.

I just bought a male from Winnow (another member) in Iceland and he arrives Wednesday. Maybe I can bring him down and you can have a look at him and tell me what you think??

WELCOME!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome. I have read good things about you.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum, I am the owner of one of your pups, Ilusion. She is doing great and she is beautiful.
Here is a picture of her.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's here also!

Hi Poodlelover and Ilusion! Good to see you here. Ilusion looks great! Glad things are going well!

ArreauStandardPoodle , congratulations on your new addition! I read on FB about him. Yes, I did get the colour profile back on Jakob. He does not carry brown but does carry cream, red, apricot.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's here also!

Hi Poodlelover and Ilusion! Good to see you here. Ilusion looks great! Glad things are going well!

ArreauStandardPoodle , congratulations on your new addition! I read on FB about him. Yes, I did get the colour profile back on Jakob. He does not carry brown but does carry cream, red, apricot.
Woo-Hoo!!!! Maybe one day we'll be Grandma's together!! He is a hottie too!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! It's great to have more Canadian's represented!! :canada: I am 2 hrs east of Toronto, so I'm not far from you at all :) Your Poodles are stunning!
I have a Red Standard named Rogan, he's almost a year, and I have never loved a dog more! Here's a pic of my boy after his first major hair cut (no more puppy fluff!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks ladies! Rogan is lovely Heather! Such a beautiful, rich red! Is he from Peter and Diane at Cantope?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I forget people have to leave intro before they can post so welcome again Lisa lol

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Hi Lisa ( this is Kerry) I emailed you about your dogs a while ago and you told me Jakob carries no brown but when I see his pedigree I saw Pinky listed as brown.

There are a few dogs behind him that is brown also ( pinky). Is the info on PHR not correct ? I just want to make sure because I love your dogs also and as you know I was interested in a show girl :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Kerry.

I am not sure what info is on PHR but I just got back Jakob's Colour profile from VetGen and he does not carry the gene for brown.

Were you looking at Jakob (Ch. Jouet Way 2 Go) or maybe one of my other boys?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Hi Kerry.

I am not sure what info is on PHR but I just got back Jakob's Colour profile from VetGen and he does not carry the gene for brown.

Were you looking at Jakob (Ch. Jouet Way 2 Go) or maybe one of my other boys?
Hi Lisa its on phrdatabase under his registered name Jouet Way 2 Go. There is a dog name pinky in there that says br next to it.

Thats a bummer if that is incorrect since I was interested in your 5 month old girl :( I was basing my findings through peds only but since you had him color tested that is great news for ( me anyways lol) I will keep in touch and see what else you will have in the future. Thanks for taking the time to do the test that is really helpful for some of us that don't want brown in pedigre :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts