Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! A little about me… I've had a poodle in my life since I was 5yo. I was raised on toys, had a mini for 17yrs (he finished at 9mo & I did put a CD on him) & am currently owned by 2 standards (Guenna - 18mo & Morgan 5mo). My girls are my kids (chose not to have human ones). Guenna is my "Show" daughter & Morgan is my juvenile delinquent, the “lady” & the “tomboy”. Morgan will eventually do some obedience, but for now she is keeping me company while Guenna is "away at college".

Looking forward to sharing ideas on grooming, training & living with our 4 legged fuzzy kids!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks PoodleLover & spoospirit. Seems that the older I get the more I can't live without a poodle of some kind to come home to. Blue Fox - Thank you. Guenna is at the beginning of her show career and I wish I knew how long she was going to be away. I haven't seen her since the end of January. Fortunately I've got Morgan in house keeping me busy.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Hi Everyone! A little about me… I've had a poodle in my life since I was 5yo. I was raised on toys, had a mini for 17yrs (he finished at 9mo & I did put a CD on him) & am currently owned by 2 standards (Guenna - 18mo & Morgan 5mo). My girls are my kids (chose not to have human ones). Guenna is my "Show" daughter & Morgan is my juvenile delinquent, the “lady” & the “tomboy”. Morgan will eventually do some obedience, but for now she is keeping me company while Guenna is "away at college".

Looking forward to sharing ideas on grooming, training & living with our 4 legged fuzzy kids!
AWWW - SO PRETTY - LOOKS LIKE MY HOUSE! LOL WELCOME!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL Thanks Pamela. There are actually 4 dogs in that picture. The 2 tiny toys are 5.25lbs together & you can barely see Morgan's feet under the table on the right. The other picture... My mom said she always wanted to be surrounded by poodles. Well now she has been. :) And poor Guenna spent her last 2 weeks at home with a snood on so Morgan & the girls wouldn't eat her ears! LOL

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Welcome, what part of florida are you from?
What pretty babies you have. I'm assuming your show girl is away with a handler, somebody that stays in the southeast perhaps or are they from farther away? I would love to see her at a show, mostly just so I could poke my hubby and say "look that dog belongs to somebody on 'that poodle website' I'm always on"

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WonderPup - I'm a little north of Tampa and yes Guenna is with her handler. She's a bit up North actually, but she'll be at PCA if you're going? What part of FL are you in?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
The panhandle, near Pensacola. I roam a lot but pretty much stay in the south east for shows. Next on My list is Montgomery AL, though I'm not sure if I'll show anything, mostly interested in delivering a puppy we bred to his new daddy, and getting photos from my all time fav. photographer. I haven't had any of the poodles photographed.

My best friend is in Tampa, she moved there two years ago. She's having a blast down there minus the fact that it get warmer and stays that way more so than it does here. Hubby and I were talking about a move to the Orlando area and discussed Tampa as an alternative. I would certainly do better, (not that I'm doing poorly now), with my grooming salon were it located in a larger city which is what prompted us to talk about moving in the first place.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi and welcome!!! I love the couch picture...I too, would love to be surrounded by poodles. lol Your show girl is beautiful! I know you will be looking forward to having her home again.
Can I ask what kind of chews you let them have??? I never really know what is safe for them to chew on. Thank you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yorkiecrazy - I give my girls beef tendons. The man I get them from gets them directly from the slaughterhouse. He also has other "chew" stuff he gets from the same place. His bully sticks are much bigger than most I've seen in the pet supplies & he's MUCH cheaper (12" is about $3 each).

I try to keep the girls in plenty of chewies. So far I've been pretty lucky. Since I got Guenna 15mo ago the most damage I've had is 2 shoes, and they were my fault. I should have known better & not left them out.

If you want the info on my chewie guy, just let me know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts